Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet and Etihad strategic partnership confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet and Etihad strategic partnership confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
Etihad increasing capacity to India starting winter schedule. Jet 330 to do auh-del, 340-600 to replace 330 on auh-Bom and 321 on auh-maa.
Wow so can we assume, 9w will introduce the AUH- USA flights around then also?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by singal3
Wow so can we assume, 9w will introduce the AUH- USA flights around then also?
probably mostly as codeshares

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Sep 17, 2013 at 4:27 pm
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
DXB-AUH or vv was a delight to fly, especially in evening.. The flight-path was right along the Sheikh Zayed Road..!! The actual flight time should have been around 15 minutes, but the congestion and the altitude requirements et. al. streached it to 40/45 minutes.
I once flew Dammam to Bahrain (50 miles) on a KLM 747 as part of AMS-BAH. I can't say it was fun; a jumbo flying slowly at low altitude does not feel very secure, especially during turns. Lots of varying engine and flap noises.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:30 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Ccj -cjb and vice versa is what I have done countless number of times on a 321. At 60 miles its pretty short but the hills need to be cleared for which a climb to 10k feet is required. There is just so much happening in that short time of about 18 min and add the turbulence from the hill tops, it is not a comfortable journey for any passenger. I dont think it is a good idea at all to have such short routes. Thought the 747 does cok-Ccj which is again a 60 mile leg.

But then that's the biggest dilemma jet are going to have in the Middle East. What to fly direct and what to make one stop.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 1:30 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Besides, DXB-AUH & v.v., other short hops i have done, include- BLR-MYQ (IT) and PNQ-BOM (IX).

Check out my Flight Diary (link in my signature)
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
Will this mean the end of the Brussels Hub? My Gf has family in Burssles, and currently they are the only direct, non stop option from YYZ. They also have good fares.

Will they move there hub to the gulf going forward?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Swarez
Will this mean the end of the Brussels Hub? My Gf has family in Burssles, and currently they are the only direct, non stop option from YYZ. They also have good fares.

Will they move there hub to the gulf going forward?
Canada & UAE have had tense relations in the past couple of years. Hence, future of the YYZ-BRU sector is currently uncertain. Incase, 9W/EY were to fly to Canada via AUH, EY would need to sweet-talk AC / Canada to get the approvals first.

Last edited by GuyFromBOM; Sep 26, 2013 at 3:40 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:02 pm
15a

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
Ccj -cjb and vice versa is what I have done countless number of times on a 321. At 60 miles its pretty short but the hills need to be cleared for which a climb to 10k feet is required. There is just so much happening in that short time of about 18 min and add the turbulence from the hill tops, it is not a comfortable journey for any passenger. I dont think it is a good idea at all to have such short routes. Thought the 747 does cok-Ccj which is again a 60 mile leg.

But then that's the biggest dilemma jet are going to have in the Middle East. What to fly direct and what to make one stop.
I've done this (ccj cbe) as a paying pax and along with idr-bho and bom-pnq, one of the most interesting flights.. I've also done Cok -cbe-maa on one of the old Ic late night gulf to India milk runs..i ve also done del jai udr on a 9w 737 in the old days when you would get a decent meal on each sector
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Does anybody know when the frequent flyer programs will merge?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Anish
Does anybody know when the frequent flyer programs will merge?
I don't think they will.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I don't think they will.
Err.. This is one of the highlights of the deal. Etihad have bought a stake in JetPrivilege too along with the airline.

An amount of US$150 million will be invested by Etihad Airways by way of a majority equity investment in our frequent flyer program "JetPrivilege", subject to appropriate regulatory and corporate approvals and final commercial agreements which are expected to be completed within the next six months.

A key component of the wide-ranging partnership is expanded codesharing on flights with passengers benefiting from reciprocal ‘earn-and-burn’ rights on the airlines’ frequent flyer programs.
http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Abou...cAlliance.aspx
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:39 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Err.. This is one of the highlights of the deal. Etihad have bought a stake in JetPrivilege too along with the airline.

I dont think that counts as merging.. more reciprocity (if that's a word) is what's in order.. tier qualification / lounge access based on ffp, earn burn, UGs for elite's.. that kind of thing.. JetPrevilage stays in my opinion...
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:54 am

From the above link:
A key component of the wide-ranging partnership is expanded codesharing on flights with passengers benefiting from reciprocal ‘earn-and-burn’ rights on the airlines’ frequent flyer programs.
This is already in place, since EY is a partner airline for JP.

However, there is no such confirmation / announcement yet about the merger of EYGuest & JP. Also its worth remembering, is that EY also holds stake in AB's TopBonus FFP, which is also aligned with oneWorld.

Were all of EY's FFP investments to come under a single brand, it would be awesome. ^ When, if at all, is it likely to happen..? Thats the important question.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

They haven't changed Air Berlins FF plan so what makes you say they will change Jet's?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by galaticos
I dont think that counts as merging.. more reciprocity (if that's a word) is what's in order.. tier qualification / lounge access based on ffp, earn burn, UGs for elite's.. that kind of thing.. JetPrevilage stays in my opinion...
My bad.. "Merge" is the wrong term. What I meant was when will the 1:1 earning ratio and status match kick in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.