Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

2013 FlyerTalk Awards: Air India Flying Returns benefits nominations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What is the best benefit of Air India Flying Returns? PLEASE READ POST BEFORE VOTING
Bonus Points
0%
Paid Airport Upgrades
30.00%
Lounge Access
0%
Companion Free Offers
20.00%
Fee Waiver
0%
I nominate a different benefit – see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW)
50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:06 pm
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.
Original Poster

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the January ballot for the 2013 FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote. Links to all polls can be found here!

This poll will close December 11, 2012.

Official FlyerTalk Awards balloting begins January 15, 2013.

The FlyerTalk Awards are sponsored by:

Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I nominate a different benefit – see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW)
good award availability....
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: ICH Platinum, Le Accor Platinum, Mariott Silver, Flying Returns Silver, Krisflyer Gold
good award availability and less taxes on reward tickets when compared to the competition
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Good award availability, low taxes/fees, good perks for status passengers.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: 9W Silver, AI Flying returns
Very good award availability.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Good award availability, low taxes/fees, good perks for status passengers.
Can you elucidate on the specifics of good perks for status pax?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:47 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Can you elucidate on the specifics of good perks for status pax?
The main advantage in my experience is lack of competition. The benefits I get on paper as a silver are pretty much in line with what I'd get at another airline anywhere in the world. Excess baggage, bonus miles, priority checkin/boarding, priority baggage handling (sometimes, this is highly inconsistent, and I'm not even sure that it works). Pretty much the same thing as I got as a US Airways silver, minus the upgrades.

However, status passengers are comparatively rare at AI, so I've found that staff tend to take more notice... When I flew US, I'd be one of the 30 or 40 status passengers onboard. When I commuted HYD-PNQ-HYD on AI, I was usually one of 4 or 5.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
The main advantage in my experience is lack of competition. The benefits I get on paper as a silver are pretty much in line with what I'd get at another airline anywhere in the world. Excess baggage, bonus miles, priority checkin/boarding, priority baggage handling (sometimes, this is highly inconsistent, and I'm not even sure that it works). Pretty much the same thing as I got as a US Airways silver, minus the upgrades.

However, status passengers are comparatively rare at AI, so I've found that staff tend to take more notice... When I flew US, I'd be one of the 30 or 40 status passengers onboard. When I commuted HYD-PNQ-HYD on AI, I was usually one of 4 or 5.
But without the upgrades, there really is no point - you are not competing with anyone for something, are you?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
But without the upgrades, there really is no point - you are not competing with anyone for something, are you?
None of AI's competitors are going to give me upgrades either...

The biggest advantage of this lack of competition is IRROPS - they generally pull me aside by name and rebook before they even post the delay/cancellation.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

in my many years as being at the maharajah tier, i have never ever experienced any extra benefits of membership....if i'm traveling in business then i get treated special & if i'm traveling in economy then i get treated like everyone else....
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
in my many years as being at the maharajah tier, i have never ever experienced any extra benefits of membership....if i'm traveling in business then i get treated special & if i'm traveling in economy then i get treated like everyone else....
The extra baggage and bonus miles are consistent in my experience. Whenever I check-in at the J counter at HYD or PNQ (which also acts as priority checkin counter), my bag gets tagged priority as well. And at HYD, they always pull aside status customers beforehand to inform of a delay before announcing the delay. I'm not sure how common this is at other airports.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The extra baggage and bonus miles are consistent in my experience. Whenever I check-in at the J counter at HYD or PNQ (which also acts as priority checkin counter), my bag gets tagged priority as well. And at HYD, they always pull aside status customers beforehand to inform of a delay before announcing the delay. I'm not sure how common this is at other airports.
i'm not talking about extra baggage, bags getting tagged or bonus miles....that is very consistent....but then again, so is it with status at any other airline program....

good perks for status passengers comes with no matter what airline you earn elite status in....there is nothing special about ai here....

in all my travel years i have (or have held) top status with 9w, it, ai, ua & ba....out of all these ai came with the least amount of recognition for elite status members....
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:20 am

But you're just a paying passenger. Since when did you get important?

You need to be friends or family or a neighbour even or have a mummy-daddy uncle-auntie type and be travelling on a free (or close to free) ticket paid for by the taxpayer to get special treatment and upgrades and being pulled aside and called by name and all that jazz.

You should know this by now!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasepl
But you're just a paying passenger. Since when did you get important?

You need to be friends or family or a neighbour even or have a mummy-daddy uncle-auntie type and be travelling on a free (or close to free) ticket paid for by the taxpayer to get special treatment and upgrades and being pulled aside and called by name and all that jazz.

You should know this by now!
i do i do....what was i thinking????
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:27 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
i do i do....what was i thinking????
let me hazard a guess of what were you thinking.. that as a member of the maharaja club they would send an elephant to receive you at the plane, even beating the porsches and mercs of LH's FC.

I'm sorry sir, your hopes were dashed! or perhaps you woke up before the dream went ... poof!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.