Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI 787 familiarization flights ; potential routes discussion etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI 787 familiarization flights ; potential routes discussion etc

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by indialogue
I've wondered and maybe Keyser can throw some lawyer gyan on this but is it possible to file a PIL and get the Courts to shut this airline down? That might atleast widen the debate about throwing more good money at AI?
not only is it possible but if i remember correctly, there is already a pil to this effect pending in the supreme court....
Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by indialogue

Sorry, didn't understand. You're saying two unions are necessary for a single airline? I think having two separate unions is just moronic as the battle between IC/AI just gets prolonged. Bust both of them, put in place a common Ops policy based on type rating and seniority and allow only one union
I agree that 2 seperate unions is an idiotic idea. The way to fix this problem is not to get one union to quit, but rather to integrate the unions together and achieve maximum synergy...
Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ginger1970
Dreamliner...September 19th first flight...Delhi - Chennai
AI 439 will be the inaugural route.

Last edited by PVDtoDEL; Sep 14, 2012 at 4:03 am
Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I agree that 2 seperate unions is an idiotic idea. The way to fix this problem is not to get one union to quit, but rather to integrate the unions together and achieve maximum synergy...
Or instead, ban both unions and slavedrive their way out of debt. Look at KF and 9W... they don't even pay their pilots anything
Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Or instead, ban both unions and slavedrive their way out of debt. Look at KF and 9W... they don't even pay their pilots anything
AI hasn't been paying salaries either...

The only carriers paying on time are the LCCs.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:45 pm

Please do explain then... The way DGCA rules are written out makes my head hurt.
Yes of course, the magical rulebook makes its appearance again.

By the way, rulebooks also say it is illegal to sleep under bridges.

Originally Posted by Keyser
not only is it possible but if i remember correctly, there is already a pil to this effect pending in the supreme court....
Good. Not that it means the plug will be pulled on AI anytime soon, but good nonetheless.

Is there any way of finding out who the plaintiffs are? Is there any way one can join as fellow complainant?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver

?? I think your information is incorrect.

AI is paying salaries: its the PLI (former AI) which are being held back for administrative reasons. SOme other allowances outstation etc are also being reviewed and so held back.

Salaries are coming in.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by ashishp

AI is paying salaries: its the PLI (former AI) which are being held back for administrative reasons. SOme other allowances outstation etc are also being reviewed and so held back.

Salaries are coming in.
PLI being cut is a seperate issue.

9W, IT, and AI have all been delaying wage payments to pilots, cabin crew, ground staff, etc.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Dreamliner flight path

http://www.telegraphindia.com/112091...p#.UFFRxbLib0o

DEL - MAA - DEL -- 19th Sept.
DEL - CCU - DEL -- 22nd Sept
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:29 pm

Dreamliner not being named ?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/16375629.cms

The new Boeing 787 Dreamliner that joined the AI fleet was the carrier's first in 64 years to not get a name.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:32 pm

The aircraft will be named in the next month or 2. Just standard bureaucratic delays and unpreparedness
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001

the first revenue 787 flight will be AI 439 DEL-MAA on 19SEP.

Last edited by PVDtoDEL; Sep 14, 2012 at 4:02 am
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001

You should know by now that means nothing.

Only the Gospel According to the International Air India Tribunal in Hyderabad (or Boston or wherever) is able to bring us the Truth, being the only Chosen One
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by jasepl
You should know by now that means nothing.

Only the Gospel According to the International Air India Tribunal in Hyderabad (or Boston or wherever) is able to bring us the Truth, being the only Chosen One
yes while I take the news with a pinch of salt, this gave exact dates and routes and so near the dates.. so guessed this is pretty much confirmed
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:01 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by ashishp

Salaries are coming in.

If you say salary and if you mean 20% of monthly average pay and if you mean atleast 3 months late, then yes salaries are coming in.

Flying allowances are due for flying done since April.

PLi comes with flying allowances, and that I believe as per media reports have been abolished since July.

Layover allowance are also due dice may. So bottom line is, it's pretty messed up.

On another note, apparently the 787 is in Bombay today. Landed around 11. Not a revenue flight for sure, however I am certain there were loads of people on it taking a joy ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.