Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Anish
That was fairly quick! 10 days and no sign of it yet.
They've just been verifying my addresses - what a bogus system that allows everyone and anyone to obtain your personal information...and probably sell it off at some point in time to marketers!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Anish
That was fairly quick! 10 days and no sign of it yet.
got a call from someone at hdfc this morning asking if i had received the card....according to him, i'm the first person to get it in this region....

card came with priority pass & a booklet explaining the benefits of the card, which have already been mentioned here....

the only extra bit of info in the booklet is a discount code which saves you 5% off domestic or international economy fares.....
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: 9W Platinum, Vistara Gold, Taj IC Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
got a call from someone at hdfc this morning asking if i had received the card....according to him, i'm the first person to get it in this region....

card came with priority pass & a booklet explaining the benefits of the card, which have already been mentioned here....

the only extra bit of info in the booklet is a discount code which saves you 5% off domestic or international economy fares.....
Got my card as well!
Tried swiping it. Does not work!
EDC gives a routing error.
HDFC has no clue...........
Not a great start.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by divinedoc
Got my card as well!
Tried swiping it. Does not work!
EDC gives a routing error.
HDFC has no clue...........
Not a great start.
i used it yesterday to pay for gas....worked without a problem....

this morning i used it on the jet site to buy a ticket....again, worked without any problems....
Old Sep 2, 2012, 1:07 am

HDFC call center confirms 1st year fee waiver for Citi card holders... However currently not sourcing for Card upgrades.. Only sourcing new applications..
Old Sep 2, 2012, 9:41 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by agarwaga
HDFC call center confirms 1st year fee waiver for Citi card holders... However currently not sourcing for Card upgrades.. Only sourcing new applications..
tell them u want to flip the card and they will send someone along.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:57 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by agarwaga
Originally Posted by A2A
the hdfckid asked generically so i replied yes. I would assume any would be good.
aha.. good to know..
I should get one if only for the bonus miles ..
Is calling their call center and asking a rep to come the best way to apply or ?
Problem is I am in India only this weekend and then will not be there for next 45 days and I don't wanna miss this bonus miles offer..
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:03 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
aha.. good to know..
I should get one if only for the bonus miles ..
Is calling their call center and asking a rep to come the best way to apply or ?
Problem is I am in India only this weekend and then will not be there for next 45 days and I don't wanna miss this bonus miles offer..
if you have an RM nothing like it. else call them.... and HDFC bonus miles offer is not time limited. icici is
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by A2A
if you have an RM nothing like it. else call them.... and HDFC bonus miles offer is not time limited. icici is
aha..got mixed up..
thanks for this info..so need to try and get the ICICI one fast
Old Sep 3, 2012, 2:13 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Should one apply for both Hdfc and icici card just for the bonus miles. Will jet be okay with me having 2 cards linked to same account? Also what effect Would this have on
My credit report, considering I have never had more than 1 credit card at a time?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by shahadil
Should one apply for both Hdfc and icici card just for the bonus miles. Will jet be okay with me having 2 cards linked to same account? Also what effect Would this have on
My credit report, considering I have never had more than 1 credit card at a time?
From what I read on various forums on the net , credit score does not get impacted much due to applying for multiple cards TILL the time we ensure to make payments before the due date..
These things are quite common in the US where we get loads of lucrative co branded cards giving tons of points for few dollars or sometimes even free..
Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:48 am

I don't know if their terms say anything about concurrently holding more than one JP-linked credit card.

But if the past is an indication, they will likely never figure it out. They didn't seem to know who had and didn't have a Citibank card and they didn't seem to know who was a JP member and who wasn't, so...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:16 am

If you ask me, I dont see why Jet should have any problem with folks having multiple CC's from different banks it partners with.. Co-branded cards are there for the mutual benefit of both the bank and the airline and other than the bonus miles which some of the folks would get and which I believe is reimbursed by the bank to a large extent..But then , banks do frequently give promos to attract new customers hoping that some of these new customers will continue with them etc etc..
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:17 am
A2A
Original Poster

this should not be a problem. responsible credit is all you should have. and I always encourage people to build a credit history before they go for the big loans in their life such as mortgages etc.

as for jet, don't worry about them. the more the merrier for them coz they can sell more miles to icici and hdfc to give you
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by A2A
this should not be a problem. responsible credit is all you should have. and I always encourage people to build a credit history before they go for the big loans in their life such as mortgages etc.

as for jet, don't worry about them. the more the merrier for them coz they can sell more miles to icici and hdfc to give you
exactly my point.. and from my limited experience, banks dont care either since everyone is out to get new clients in the hope that some will continue to stay and better still some will pay only the minimum amount due and not the full payment and hence pay exhorbitant interest rates ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.