Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:43 am

I am trying to book, Hyd-NewYork return ticket for Feb'15 on Etihad Codeshare. I have applied Promo code of JTHDFC, since I'll use my JetAirways HDFC Credit Card to make payment. But I don't see 5% base fare discount while making the booking.

I tried calling the call center about it, but they do not have any clue about it.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:26 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
the promocodes are not valid for codeshares, only the one for 9w metal
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: JetPrivilege, Flying Returns, Marriott Rewards
I am looking to upgrade my current HDFC card. I have two options – either upgrade to no-fee JP Platinum card, or ₹2500/year Diners Premium. The purpose of this card will be lounge access, and Mumbai is my home airport. I mainly fly to Bangalore, Chennai & Delhi. Which of these two cards is better for lounge access at these 4 airports?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: Jet Airways Platinum
Originally Posted by sairaghav
I am looking to upgrade my current HDFC card. I have two options – either upgrade to no-fee JP Platinum card, or ₹2500/year Diners Premium. The purpose of this card will be lounge access, and Mumbai is my home airport. I mainly fly to Bangalore, Chennai & Delhi. Which of these two cards is better for lounge access at these 4 airports?
First of all please note that the JP platinum card is also chargeable at Rs. 999/- per year. You may get the card free while joining, but it will be charged at the time of renewal. Although you may get renewal fees waived off if you spend Rs 2.5 lacs in a year.

Now when we compare the two cards, it depends on overall needs.
Lounge Benefits:
If lounge access is only prioirty then Diners card is way ahead of JP platinum (mastercard) as it gives you unlimited access to many of domestic airport lounges across the country, whereas with JP platinum you will get access only at Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata domestic lounges.

Miles accrual:
JP platinum will give you 5 jpmiles for every 150 spends, whereas Diners will give you 4 jpmiles only. But miles earned on diners also can be redeemed for air india. So again, Diners is little ahead of JP card here. However you get 15 jpmiles for every 150 spends if you use the JP platinum card on jetairways website.

So overall Diners card is way better than the Mastercard powered JP platinum card. But if you are a frequent flyer of Jetairways, then I would suggest HDFC Jet Previlige World CC, or else the Diners is best.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:22 pm

First of all please note that the JP platinum card is also chargeable at Rs. 999/- per year. You may get the card free while joining, but it will be charged at the time of renewal. Although you may get renewal fees waived off if you spend Rs 2.5 lacs in a year.

Lounge Benefits:
If lounge access is only prioirty then Diners card is way ahead of JP platinum (mastercard) as it gives you unlimited access to many of domestic airport lounges across the country, whereas with JP platinum you will get access only at Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata domestic lounges.

Miles accrual:
JP platinum will give you 5 jpmiles for every 150 spends, whereas Diners will give you 4 jpmiles only. But miles earned on diners also can be redeemed for air india. So again, Diners is little ahead of JP card here. However you get 15 jpmiles for every 150 spends if you use the JP platinum card on jetairways website.

So overall Diners card is way better than the Mastercard powered JP platinum card. But if you are a frequent flyer of Jetairways, then I would suggest HDFC Jet Previlige World CC, or else the Diners is best.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: JetPrivilege, Flying Returns, Marriott Rewards
Thank you, I'll upgrade to the Diners then.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by pratik.agarwal

Lounge Benefits:

Miles accrual:

Just an update to my earlier reply.. MasterCard has extended its network with various tie-ups and accordingly the list of lounges accessible through MasterCard has expanded to a great extent from earlier one. Now there are 13 airports in domestic sectors covered under the program as against only 3 earlier. The above revised list is effective from today i.e. 10-09-2015 till 31-12-2016.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:08 pm

http://www1.mastercard.co.in/content...ge-access.html
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by pratik.agarwal
Just an update to my earlier reply.. MasterCard has extended its network with various tie-ups and accordingly the list of lounges accessible through MasterCard has expanded to a great extent from earlier one. Now there are 13 airports in domestic sectors covered under the program as against only 3 earlier. The above revised list is effective from today i.e. 10-09-2015 till 31-12-2016.
To add, now I see 5 free visits to the Priority Pass lounges every year.

"The Primary card holder can enjoy upto 5 free visits to the Priority Pass lounges every year.
Your guests can also use this facility at a fee of $27* per person, per visit with your JetPrivilege World card." - Source : HDFCBank

I think this was not the case earlier.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 10:17 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by agarwaga
To add, now I see 5 free visits to the Priority Pass lounges every year.

"The Primary card holder can enjoy upto 5 free visits to the Priority Pass lounges every year.
Your guests can also use this facility at a fee of $27* per person, per visit with your JetPrivilege World card." - Source : HDFCBank

I think this was not the case earlier.
This has been around for at least a year.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
So there's a brand new HDFC JP Diners Black card.. Looks pretty good!

Going to call my RM on Monday and upgrade my World card to this, will keep you guys posted on how it goes.

http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/cre...nk-diners-club
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Anish
So there's a brand new HDFC JP Diners Black card.. Looks pretty good!

Going to call my RM on Monday and upgrade my World card to this, will keep you guys posted on how it goes.

http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/cre...nk-diners-club
I was calling to try to get the normal Diners Club card, agents never show up...

(Mumbai, they appear to be motivated by numbers only, speak only in Hindi...)

Further, they also asked which other cards I had - said many other banks, including the HDFC-Jet one - and then they said that HDFC doesn't allow anyone to have more than 1 card, would have to upgrade the Jet one.

Does anyone have more than 1? (2 or more??)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Sep 24, 2015 at 11:18 am
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:10 am

Been trying to apply for this card online with no luck so far. When I fill up their common application form, it does not list this new Jet Privilege Diners Black card among the ones I'm eligible for. Worse, since my phone number was submitted during the process of filling the form, I was called by a woman to describe whom "ignorant" and "shouty" might be the politest terms. Despite clearly and repeatedly saying the name of the card I wanted to apply for, she insisted I wanted to apply for the Rewardz card. When I insisted she was wrong, she rang off saying she'd check, then called back and started up with the same spiel again. When I told her again the name of the card i was interested in, she said it had not been launched yet. At which point I hung up.

Think I'll stop in at an HDFC branch one of these days.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by L_D_M
orse, since my phone number was submitted during the process of filling the form, I was called by a woman to describe whom "ignorant" and "shouty" might be the politest terms. Despite clearly and repeatedly saying the name of the card I wanted to apply for, she insisted I wanted to apply for the Rewardz card. When I insisted she was wrong, she rang off saying she'd check, then called back and started up with the same spiel again. When I told her again the name of the card i was interested in, she said it had not been launched yet. At which point I hung up.
Exactly my experience.

I got through the first part since it was the normal Diners I wanted.

Then they didn't show.

Second application she inquired about all the cards I did have, and that the Jet-HDFC (normal earlier one) would have to be "upgraded" to this one.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
I contacted my RM to inquire about Jet Diners Club Card. Was informed that the application/upgradation form for this card is not yet ready. The forms should be ready in couple of days. Income criteria as per bank website is INR 1.75 Lacs/month or more in order to qualify for this card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.