Search

Kingfisher Lounge DEL T3.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Kingfisher Lounge DEL T3.

Hi all.

Quick question. Does Kingfisher still operate a lounge at DEL T3 International Departures?

Are BA F passengers still granted access?

Thanks,
Duckie D
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it was closed towards the end of april, which is the last time i went through this terminal....not sure if its open again....
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Though T3 in DEL has a bunch of other lounge options.. You could check out the AMEX Plat lounge if you have AMEX or the Plaza Lounge offers paid access as well.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:46 am
Original Poster

I think the lounge situation in DEL is quite disappointing.

I paid E6,200 return from Paris to Delhi via London on BA in First. The lounge proposition is an important part of the journey for me. I love to 'chill' before a flight in a quiet and exclusive lounge and also pre flight dine so I can sleep during the flight.

Not to sound 'snobbish' but for the fare I have paid a voucher to a pay-per-entry lounge doesn't really cut it.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:50 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Airlines show their best product at their hub or a major destination. DEL is neither.

Last edited by Yaatri; Jun 27, 2012 at 11:52 am
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Yes Yaatri but I am referring more to options at DEL generally.

For example when I flew BA First from Hong Kong to Paris I was granted entry to the Cathay F lounge. From Sydney, the Qantas F lounge. From Philadelphia (two flights per day like DEL) BA's own well appointed F lounge.

In DEL it seems the options are Plaza Premium or some other pay per entry lounges. Despite the presence of Cathay, BA, JAL and Royal Jordanian - all Oneworld carriers - options are limited to no choice whatsoever other than the third party providers.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by duckied
Yes Yaatri but I am referring more to options at DEL generally.

For example when I flew BA First from Hong Kong to Paris I was granted entry to the Cathay F lounge. From Sydney, the Qantas F lounge. From Philadelphia (two flights per day like DEL) BA's own well appointed F lounge.

In DEL it seems the options are Plaza Premium or some other pay per entry lounges. Despite the presence of Cathay, BA, JAL and Royal Jordanian - all Oneworld carriers - options are limited to no choice whatsoever other than the third party providers.
As I said, DEL is not a major destination. As far BA or OneWorld is concerned, DEL, is in different category than, CDG, HKG, SYD, or even PHL.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:38 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by duckied
they were banking on IT to run the lounge and it became the oneworld lounge for a while. however with IT going almost out of business, they are all back to using third party lounges.

that said, BA considers BOM important enough with 2 flights a day to have a galleries lounge there. I wonder if any ow airline is thinking at this moment to have a lounge in Delhi esp considering the bad economics (from their point of view) of doing biz there.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
I was there back in Dec and March, closed in March and almost closed in Dec...no food, limited bar menu, half completed construction. In March I ended up using the Plaza Prem lounge with my Prem Pass, it was very good.

If travelling on OW, don't even bother looking for IT lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.