Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

List of "Taxes and fees" on 9W redemption tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of "Taxes and fees" on 9W redemption tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
7/10/12 del-ccu 9w j inr 1289
7/10/12 ccu-del 9w y inr 836
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
7/10/12 del-ccu 9w j inr 1289
Nice one! I've found 9W inventory opening up a bit recently.. Just found 2Y, 2J seats and 1F seat on BOM-LHR on the same flight for Oct..
Old Jul 10, 2012, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Anish
Nice one! I've found 9W inventory opening up a bit recently.. Just found 2Y, 2J seats and 1F seat on BOM-LHR on the same flight for Oct..
Seeing 1J and 1F on most dates to DEL too ^
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Anish
very nice....haven't seen anything like that in a while....
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Jet - International Redemption

So I am planning a Dubai trip in Feb of the coming year and was looking for tickets on the Jet Website for the 7th to 12th of Feb. The return fare of revenue tickets on "W" class is coming at 16.2k (Add 2,400 miles I earn on the travel plus another 3,200 miles using the HDFC World Card = 5,600 miles). Assuming Jet miles being valued at roughly INR 0.5 each, the return fare effectively comes at around 13k which is a good deal

When I try to redeem miles for the same route for same dates, I have to pay a whopping 30k miles + INR 16k . On top of this, I do not earn miles on the travel and only earn the 3,200 miles using the HDFC card. So, net, I am paying around 30k for the return flight.

Based on the above, I was just wondering whether it ever makes sense to redeem miles for international flights on Jet, even much well in advance ??? Makes Jet miles literally worthless for international flights !!!

Views from senior members on their past experiences around international redemption or usage of Jet Miles is welcome.

Cheers !!
Parag
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:54 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by paragbmehta
So I am planning a Dubai trip in Feb of the coming year and was looking for tickets on the Jet Website for the 7th to 12th of Feb. The return fare of revenue tickets on "W" class is coming at 16.2k (Add 2,400 miles I earn on the travel plus another 3,200 miles using the HDFC World Card = 5,600 miles). Assuming Jet miles being valued at roughly INR 0.5 each, the return fare effectively comes at around 13k which is a good deal

When I try to redeem miles for the same route for same dates, I have to pay a whopping 30k miles + INR 16k . On top of this, I do not earn miles on the travel and only earn the 3,200 miles using the HDFC card. So, net, I am paying around 30k for the return flight.

Based on the above, I was just wondering whether it ever makes sense to redeem miles for international flights on Jet, even much well in advance ??? Makes Jet miles literally worthless for international flights !!!

Views from senior members on their past experiences around international redemption or usage of Jet Miles is welcome.

Cheers !!
Parag
fuel surcharges will remain the same in premium cabins as well. I've always maintained that it makes sense only to redeem 9w intl in premium cabins and not Y. there is way more value there if you can find that elusive premiere seat
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
fuel surcharges will remain the same in premium cabins as well. I've always maintained that it makes sense only to redeem 9w intl in premium cabins and not Y. there is way more value there if you can find that elusive premiere seat
very true....i don't think i've ever redeemed miles for an international economy ticket....just doesn't make sense....
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
very true....i don't think i've ever redeemed miles for an international economy ticket....just doesn't make sense....
In all my Premiere and First flights and there must be more then 30 in the last 3 years I only redeemed my points once to get that second First class seat. It just doesn't make sense. Their charges are so high.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:59 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Perfect - Thanks a lot for the inputs guys !!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Keyser
I have done it several times with miles from US based carriers. Why do guys put up with YQ? It is almost equal to the cost of buying a ticket.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I have done it several times with miles from US based carriers. Why do guys put up with YQ? It is almost equal to the cost of buying a ticket.
that's the one thing i really like about us based airlines....if i have to spend even 1/5th on fees & taxes then i don't consider it an award ticket....
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:45 am

Agree. Award redemption in Jet is a bummer for international flights
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:54 am
A2A

the TINA factor with Jet (There is no alternative)... unless you want AI. Award programs are not exactly monitored or regulated, so they can do what they feel like. it is there prerogative.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by A2A
the TINA factor with Jet (There is no alternative)... unless you want AI. Award programs are not exactly monitored or regulated, so they can do what they feel like. it is there prerogative.
9W is a partner with AA and so was IT. You could fly them and credit AA. For a long time NW was a partner and one could even book 9W/IT awards online.

Apart from just YQ, I really hate the manual booking process (emailing/faxing, etc) . With a US airlines I can call the airline and be done with it, and even then I whine. I want everything to be done online. Hate spending hours and days for a silly booking. Yes I know, I'm pampered.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:22 am
A2A

9W is a partner with AA and so was IT. You could fly them and credit AA. For a long time NW was a partner and one could even book 9W/IT awards online.

Apart from just YQ, I really hate the manual booking process (emailing/faxing, etc) . With a US airlines I can call the airline and be done with it, and even then I whine. I want everything to be done online. Hate spending hours and days for a silly booking. Yes I know, I'm pampered.
your circumstance works when one is talking a couple of random segments or 4 here and there. it does not work when we live in India, fly 9w often. 9w is my primary program on domestic travels, and the bennies come only when i credit the flights to 9w.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.