Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Cashing in miles with KF for this week fingers crossed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Hi folks, noob on the forum here so do bear with me.

Cashed in 16000 of some 24000 miles i accumalated since i started using the ill fated KF-Amex card in Aug '11. Flying with the wife to her sisters in Bangalore on KF on Thurs back Tues.

Was literally tracking KF flights everyday for the last week, seems like their 4pm is the only one departing and landing on time (or with a 10% delay) my original flight the 7.30 does not take off before 9-9.30. Really hope this happens painlessly.

Have stopped using my KF-Amex card from this month onwards, no point in collecting more points. Its up for renewal in a few months and have decided not to pursue.

Was pinged by the Amex people who said they were sending me an Amex Gold Charge card, where apparently i can use my points at other airlines (or Jet, not sure) no fee for the first year im told, i tried to get them to give me the Paltinum, not sure whats going on with that.

cheers,
skinny
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:40 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by skinnylizard
Hi folks, noob on the forum here so do bear with me.

Cashed in 16000 of some 24000 miles i accumalated since i started using the ill fated KF-Amex card in Aug '11. Flying with the wife to her sisters in Bangalore on KF on Thurs back Tues.

Was literally tracking KF flights everyday for the last week, seems like their 4pm is the only one departing and landing on time (or with a 10% delay) my original flight the 7.30 does not take off before 9-9.30. Really hope this happens painlessly.

Have stopped using my KF-Amex card from this month onwards, no point in collecting more points. Its up for renewal in a few months and have decided not to pursue.

Was pinged by the Amex people who said they were sending me an Amex Gold Charge card, where apparently i can use my points at other airlines (or Jet, not sure) no fee for the first year im told, i tried to get them to give me the Paltinum, not sure whats going on with that.

cheers,
skinny
I've asked for a written assurance from Amex that nothing will happen to my MR points on the KFAX card, told them they pushed us to auto sweep and it was their choice not ours. they are responsible if something happens to KF. will keep you guys informed
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:45 am
Original Poster

i called them up twice but there was no satisfactory answer as to what happens to use card users who have racked up miles (granted 25000 isnt nearly as much as some of the good chaps here) so i gambled by using the miles for ticks to Bangalore this week.

Also, i am on schedule to hit up their 185k spend for a round trip ticket, which of course is pretty useless now.

Wrote them a letter recently as well but no response. Who did you connect with A2A, maybe i could address them.

The call i got for the gold charge card was from the person who had attended my KF application. So maybe he was just trying to make up a quota by offering it to me.

Would have refused it all together but i am happy to switch to a charge card. He did say however that no new KF-Amex cards were being processed now.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:29 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
i called them up twice but there was no satisfactory answer as to what happens to use card users who have racked up miles (granted 25000 isnt nearly as much as some of the good chaps here) so i gambled by using the miles for ticks to Bangalore this week.

Also, i am on schedule to hit up their 185k spend for a round trip ticket, which of course is pretty useless now.

Wrote them a letter recently as well but no response. Who did you connect with A2A, maybe i could address them.

The call i got for the gold charge card was from the person who had attended my KF application. So maybe he was just trying to make up a quota by offering it to me.

Would have refused it all together but i am happy to switch to a charge card. He did say however that no new KF-Amex cards were being processed now.
I can't name the guy just yet since everything is off the record. Membership Rewards has not taken a view yet on KF's demise, but I was assured that the best interest of members will be taken care of. As a follow-up, I wrote an email to get comfort from the higher-ups of AX. I'll share what I find.

As for the Gold Charge Card, they are handing it out like candy to everyone. When I had issues with the devaluation of the KF/AX program last year and the autosweep, they gave me one too. I was only happy to accept it, since the points are pretty generous for doing nothing more than 4x250 rs transactions there. However, I do use it for high-val purchases too because of the fraud protection guarantee. For air tickets, i've moved to my Citi Premier Miles card.

O yes, if you're on track to meeting your spend limit, please by all means do make sure you claim your ticket. I spent 7L last year and got 2 free KF biz tickets, which I did claim for my family while IT was still predictable.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:59 am
Original Poster

i haven't really looked into the the points system but i was told it was one of the better ones. i use my credit cards like a charge card in any case so this should work out nicely.

fraud protection? anything special here

will look forward to hearing back from you on this, im sure others will appreciate this even more.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
He did say however that no new KF-Amex cards were being processed now.
i'm not surprised....with the state of the airline i'm not sure they will process any more cards till kingfisher can sort out this mess....
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

i dare say even if things did work out they would be a while before Amex would want to tie up with what's now a tainted brand (in aviation anyway)

I wonder if people who have been flying KF over the last week or so can share their feedback, they do have plenty of flights going right.. im on a pair in the next week, so shall report back.

maybe the present schedule is what KF should have worked with all along.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:48 am

AMEX is the only card company which cares about its customers. In this case of co branded card your points would be somehow surely taken care of.
Also if you have to still spend or buy on Kingfisher I recommend using payments through AMEX only simply as they have no question asked policy for any transaction you might dispute or ask for refund in case of fault of Kingfisher. I am on the PLAT and have already claimed back disputed transactions with credit first and investigation later policy. Overall I rate them higher in service.

I too have my miles on KINGFISHER club membership around 50k and need to get em adjusted somehow sooner or later. I got up stuck on my recent bookings which I wanted to upgrade because of their class restriction!
Lets hope KF survives I have had always a good experience with them. They revolutionized domestic travel in India!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Punjabi007
AMEX is the only card company which cares about its customers. In this case of co branded card your points would be somehow surely taken care of.
Also if you have to still spend or buy on Kingfisher I recommend using payments through AMEX only simply as they have no question asked policy for any transaction you might dispute or ask for refund in case of fault of Kingfisher. I am on the PLAT and have already claimed back disputed transactions with credit first and investigation later policy. Overall I rate them higher in service.

I too have my miles on KINGFISHER club membership around 50k and need to get em adjusted somehow sooner or later. I got up stuck on my recent bookings which I wanted to upgrade because of their class restriction!
Lets hope KF survives I have had always a good experience with them. They revolutionized domestic travel in India!
Punjabi 007, i have no complaints with the Amex service but my questions on the KFAMEX were not addressed in a satisfactory manner. I am surely getting rid of the KF AMEX once i get the Gold charge card.

I hope KF does survive, a business dying cant be good for anyone, peoples jobs and livelihoods are on the line.

I am not sure how they would adjust the miles either..i think Deccan is the one that truly revolutionized flying in India though !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.