Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI Domestic Travel back-up due the KingFlusher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles

Hey Guys do All AI Domestic Travel leave from Terminal 2? I may have posted earlier, my flight gets @ at midnight DL in Terminal 2, I'm trying to make a (AI 130) 1:45 AI flight in Term 2, is it do able? I have 2 bags, .. Or would it be safe to wait 5 hours for the (AI 986) 5:30 flight also term 2 according to AI.. any lounges I'll be access with Priorty pass and US Amex Plat? This is due to the insecurity of KingFlusher Airlines..
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dhamal
Hey Guys do All AI Domestic Travel leave from Terminal 2? I may have posted earlier, my flight gets @ at midnight DL in Terminal 2, I'm trying to make a (AI 130) 1:45 AI flight in Term 2, is it do able? I have 2 bags, .. Or would it be safe to wait 5 hours for the (AI 986) 5:30 flight also term 2 according to AI.. any lounges I'll be access with Priorty pass and US Amex Plat? This is due to the insecurity of KingFlusher Airlines..
If you miss your flight due to a delay, assuming there is space, AI is usually fine with rebooking you onto the next flight... Sometimes, they will charge the (small) change fee.

I'd always choose getting to my destination earlier over sitting at BOM for an extra 4 hours...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I'd always choose getting to my destination earlier over sitting at BOM for an extra 4 hours...
i agree....i hate the bom airport....
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

1:45 was sold out.. I guess I can see if they have stand by.. other than that i did book a AI flight to MAD @ 5:30am leaving from Term 2, any lounge access in term 2-c where AI is, ?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

no one answered the baggage question, will AI let me bring 2 bags since I'm coming from a International flight? or will I be forced to pay and extra $150? DL allows me to bring 2 bags @ 70kg.. On my AI ticket it says 25 kg's only? Do they make exception for International flight connections?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:29 am

from what i gather, you have to be on the same PNR apparently for the baggage restrictions to be bypassed, i am not a 100% about that.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by skinnylizard
from what i gather, you have to be on the same PNR apparently for the baggage restrictions to be bypassed, i am not a 100% about that.
That's on 9W.

AI has accepted my international baggage allowance in the past. I have not done it recently.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:37 am

no one answered the baggage question, will AI let me bring 2 bags since I'm coming from a International flight? or will I be forced to pay and extra $150? DL allows me to bring 2 bags @ 70kg.. On my AI ticket it says 25 kg's only? Do they make exception for International flight connections?
Check out the section titled "Baggage Allowance When Interlining on DL" in:
http://www.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpage...e.aspx?MID=27#

It seems to me that if you check in your luggage in the US all the way to AMD, you will be fine. You won't face any additional charges in BOM.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by hyderago
It seems to me that if you check in your luggage in the US all the way to AMD, you will be fine. You won't face any additional charges in BOM.
Correct. I've found in the past that I have to walk US-based check in agents step by step through the process or they get completely lost. I suggest that OP familiarizes himself with the procedure before attempting to get the bag interlined...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

the moron's in Newark, NJ USA, won't interline with or without direct flight.. so I had to buy a separate ticket from AI and so far I have 1 bag going and 2 bags coming back.. I'll see at the airport in Newark what they say tomorrow. Point of Entry in India is Mumbai, so I have to pick the bag up from Mumbai and re-checkin again @ AI desk.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:06 pm

the moron's in Newark, NJ USA, won't interline with or without direct flight.. so I had to buy a separate ticket from AI and so far I have 1 bag going and 2 bags coming back.. I'll see at the airport in Newark what they say tomorrow. Point of Entry in India is Mumbai, so I have to pick the bag up from Mumbai and re-checkin again @ AI desk.
I don't understand what you are saying.
Anyway, I don't think you are right since I know people who have flown from the US to BOM on DL and connected to HYD on AI and had no problem with interlining their luggage all the way to HYD. Now having separate tickets might pose a slight inconvenience. But as PVDtoDEL said, you should be able to walk the DL agents in EWR through the process.

Finally, no need for foul/aggressive language. I understand your frustration, but they are doing their job to the best of their ability.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:45 pm

the moron's in Newark, NJ USA, won't interline with or without direct flight..
That is incorrect. I have done it a few times (from PVD or BOS, but still). There should be no problem interlining.
so I had to buy a separate ticket from AI and so far I have 1 bag going and 2 bags coming back..
Just because it is a separate ticket, that doesn't mean that you can't interline
I'll see at the airport in Newark what they say tomorrow. Point of Entry in India is Mumbai, so I have to pick the bag up from Mumbai and re-checkin again @ AI desk.
No. You should be able to do immigration and customs at AMD if you are taking an AI international flight. Bags would presumably be checked directly to AMD.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
That's odd. I've had success interlining AA => AI on separate tickets in the past (but not in reverse). Even just recently, CO/UA was able to interline on separate tickets. I think the DL agent was either confused or lazy, or too busy and didn't want to be bothered (it can take them a bit of time to manually enter the leg).

You should really be able to through check your bags to AMD, just get to the airport with plenty of time before your flight so they have enough time to take care of it.

On the return, you may find the AI agents to be totally incompetent at this sort of thing and flat out deny that it is possible or even accuse you of lying that it was done successfully in the past (from personal experience )
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by hyderago
Check out the section titled "Baggage Allowance When Interlining on DL" in:
http://www.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpage...e.aspx?MID=27#

That link specifically mentions "On a through AI document" (i.e., single ticket). The OP has separate tickets.

Besides, the over-water segments are on DL...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
On the return, you may find the AI agents to be totally incompetent at this sort of thing and flat out deny that it is possible or even accuse you of lying that it was done successfully in the past (from personal experience )
It has never been denied to me before. Perhaps that's because of my Silver Status though?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.