Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Who remembers these Airlines of India...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who remembers these Airlines of India...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by shahadil
An ex commercial of Ic was telling me about the wait List nonsense. On the 737 there used to be 4 flights a day from Bom to cok and pax from the gulf would wait for days at the airport to get a seat so that they could go home.
There also used to be buses direct from the airport to a bunch of places in the South. I remember seeing the counters just at the terminal exit "Sahar to Calicut" etc. Must have been a total nightmare for those folks.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:47 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Originally Posted by shahadil
An ex commercial of Ic was telling me about the wait List nonsense. On the 737 there used to be 4 flights a day from Bom to cok and pax from the gulf would wait for days at the airport to get a seat so that they could go home.
CCU to HYD and North East used to be a problem only in vacation season: pujo, summer vacations etc.

Mangalore and Cochin were apparently the worst hit and all year around.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In those days everyone roughly paid the same fare, the complex system of fare classes came in only 10-12 years ago. So WL was no different than the WL system on the railways.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:41 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by oliver2002
In those days everyone roughly paid the same fare, the complex system of fare classes came in only 10-12 years ago. So WL was no different than the WL system on the railways.
Yep, it was exactly the same fare for everyone. And the published the fare in the timetable booklets. Then, when the fares were revised, all the cyclo-styled papers would go up all over the place. Those were the days!

Some time ago I found some of my dad's old papers, which included his expenses for a trip he had taken. In 1990, he paid Rs 1,837 for a BOM-DEL flight. Shocking how little fares have gone up in 22 years!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Originally Posted by jasepl
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Some time ago I found some of my dad's old papers, which included his expenses for a trip he had taken. In 1990, he paid Rs 1,837 for a BOM-DEL flight. Shocking how little fares have gone up in 22 years!
Or you can spin it as how expensive flying was during that time
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by DELANRDFW
Or you can spin it as how expensive flying was during that time
Haha... Yah, that's true too. It was very expensive. It's also true though, that flying can be rather inexpensive today.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jasepl
Haha... Yah, that's true too. It was very expensive. It's also true though, that flying can be rather inexpensive today.
In USD-terms, my DEL-SXR/SXR-DEL trips tend to be far more expensive today in real terms than they were a decade or two decades ago, back when there were far fewer carriers on the route than is the case now.
Old May 8, 2015, 5:22 am

Anyone has a spoon from these airlines?

I collect airline spoons and I would love to have one from one of these airlines, such as Modiluft, Air Deccan, Damania, East-West ...

If anyone has kept one (or several ) I would be happy to offer a good trade.

Thanks
http://airlinespoon.free.fr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.