Wiki Posts
Search

2 planes not doing too much @ CAE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; Marriott Gold; Hertz #1 5*
Question 2 planes not doing too much @ CAE

I am not sure how much you can read into this, but for the past few saturday's, I have seen two FLYi planes here at CAE near the general aviation area. One is an old D328Jet (tail N500FJ), and the other is a newer CRJ in the new colors (it could be a different one each time).

The newer CRJ has red flags all over the outside on different parts of the plane.

The older plane looks like it could fly if it needed to, but the the paint is either a lighter scheme or faded.

Is it cheaper to park the planes at CAE?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:25 am

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
CAE is a maintenance base for DH (for both the CRJ now, and it was a major maintenance hub for the 328s). I would bet 500BR is just held up there in transit to MYR where they are storing them. If 500BR was there for heavy mx work when we broke off with Delta then it probably would take a back burner to the CRJs now. (just a thought on that)

As for the CRJ, for the past couple of weeks I know that we have been having an extra CRJ overnight in CAE (probably at the general aviation side) because it has been doing NCAA charters... flying basketball teams all over the country. If you see DH planes at stations that we don't currently fly to (BTR, MSP, DEN, etc...) that is more than likely what they are doing.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by spampurse
CAE is a maintenance base for DH (for both the CRJ now, and it was a major maintenance hub for the 328s). I would bet 500BR is just held up there in transit to MYR where they are storing them. If 500BR was there for heavy mx work when we broke off with Delta then it probably would take a back burner to the CRJs now. (just a thought on that)

As for the CRJ, for the past couple of weeks I know that we have been having an extra CRJ overnight in CAE (probably at the general aviation side) because it has been doing NCAA charters... flying basketball teams all over the country. If you see DH planes at stations that we don't currently fly to (BTR, MSP, DEN, etc...) that is more than likely what they are doing.

500FJ is owned by DH and is for sale. Dh has 3 aircraft that overnight for MX at CAE. If they are going to be down for a few days, the "red things" you call them are covers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.