Wiki Posts
Search

RN and ThanksAgain interaction?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
RN and ThanksAgain interaction?

If you register the same CC on ThanksAgain.com as you have on a iDine/RN account, what happens when you visit a restaurant that appears in both programs (if such places exist)?

And on a side note, where can you find information about ThanksAgain's partnership with AA? I saw a signup about Delta here (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880389) but, although the website shows AA as a partner, I can't find it mentioned on AA.com

Also, is it possible to sign up for both Delta and AA versions of the ThanksAGain program?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 5:07 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Good question, I just signed up all 4 family members for TA to get the 1000 mile DL bonus (really just to extend our accts another two years).

Checked one of my RN accts and the Visa card is still active there.

I am pretty sure you won't be able to double dip two different TA accounts just like one CC can only be signed up with one RN provider.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
When I looked up what was available in my area via Thanks Again, the only participating restaurants that appeared were there via the restaurant.com gift certificate purchase program. I don't see how one could double dip those with Rewards Network unless it's a matter of purchasing the gift certificate to get the miles credit via TA and then paying the balance of the ticket on a RN registered ccard.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In a current thread, I found this post which implies there is now an interaction:

Originally Posted by gooselee
When I tried to additionally register my primary card to ThanksAgain for airport parking, it booted it out of the DL Dining program automatically. When I went to re-register my primary card to the DL program, it booted it out of the ThanksAgain program.
But I don't understand how and why! These companies seem to be so separate that they've been suing each other lately:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/138215307/...v-Thanks-Again

ThanksAgain did announce they're swtiching to a new providor of credit card transaction "interception" services, Comarch, but that seems to be an annoucement dated yeserday and say the relationship with Comarch hasn't started yet:

http://www.itbusinessnet.com/article...System-2798396

I don't see how a card could be booted out of one when it's signed up with the other unless they are sharing some sort of system, which they certainly didn't use to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.