Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jack in the Box now IDine in NorCal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Jack in the Box now IDine in NorCal

Jack in the Box, at least in the Sacramento Area, is now with IDine. Not a 4 star meal but an easy way to pick up dines for those trying to reach the 12 dines in a year elite level. Maybe there will be Jack in the Box MRs.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I checked AA/Rewards Network listings, and NONE of the San Francisco Jack in the Box stores participate.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I checked AA/Rewards Network listings, and NONE of the San Francisco Jack in the Box stores participate.
Time for a gift card run to Sacramento
Old Nov 3, 2008, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Looks like all of the Fresno/Clovis locations are included - so I will have to reaquaint myself with a Sourdough Jack when I visit my mom over the Thanksgiving holiday
Old Nov 4, 2008, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by chix
Time for a gift card run to Sacramento
Sacramento is ~100 miles from where I live. I should drive 200 miles roundtrip (in crappy traffic no less) to buy a giftcard?

There are also closer JIBs that do participate, but again, not worth the drive.

And anyhow, I wouldn't actually use JIB giftcards, nor would I gift them to anyone! Too embarrassing.

I would, however, purchase a soft drink or coffee or something at a local JIB to earn requalifying dines, IF they participated -- which is why I did the search.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sacramento is ~100 miles from where I live. I should drive 200 miles roundtrip (in crappy traffic no less) to buy a giftcard?
The poster who suggested a gift card run to Sacrramento shows BWA as their home airport (next to their post). Perhaps they meant that if you're far enough to fly there instead of driving, you should combine a mileage run with a gift card run?

Obviously, mileage runs to a given city are only feasible if you're really far from the city in quesiton, and useless if you're within driving distance (even if long driving distance).

I think I'm about the minimum distance. From L A, I can drive to Sacramento but it's 300+ miles. But that means it's far enough for Southwest to fly. If I could get a cheap Ding! fare on Southwest, then flying to Sacramento to collect a gift card might be worth it (given that Southwest earns you just as much of a fraction of a free flight on a shorthop swithin California as on a transcon!).

Except that this is Jack in the Box, and I can't get excited about that particular chain. Now, if Sacrametno had the one remaining participating Daphne's and I could buy gift cards there during a rich dining promo, that might be aifferent story. (I'm getting near the end of the $200 gift card I bought the day before all the Daphne's dropped out.)
Old Nov 14, 2008, 1:29 pm

Kathy, there is a JackInTheBox just outside Vacaville outlet mall.
It will make a nice shopping and dining trip from SF!
I took my wife there last weekend. Coach was running a ridiculous promotion.
Also, JackInTheBox has a buy $15+ GC, and get a free snack promo.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timrick
Kathy, there is a JackInTheBox just outside Vacaville outlet mall.
It will make a nice shopping and dining trip from SF!
I took my wife there last weekend. Coach was running a ridiculous promotion.
Also, JackInTheBox has a buy $15+ GC, and get a free snack promo.
Vacaville is ~60 miles each way from where I live. So, 120 miles round trip.

I only shop at the Vacaville outlet mall if I'm going that way anyway (i.e., on I-80 towards Sacramento). I've been there quite a number of times while enroute to/from other places. To me, it's not worth it otherwise. (I don't buy designer stuff anyhow, at any price. Just not into it! )

P.S.: SF has all the "shopping and dining" I need!
Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: WN A-List, United Gold
Davis is also on the list.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 9:55 am

Programs: BA, United, Alaska, AA
Interesting story on owner of Nor Cal Jack in the Boxes

I saw a story on the owner of several business properties in the Sacramento area. He'd gone bankrupt. Story mentioned that he owned the majority of the J in the Bx's in the area as well as Crush 29, Sonics, etc. That might explain why they all joined in the first place..to raise much needed cash. It appears this filing does not effect his restaurant holdings. They appear to be incorporated separately.

Link to story:

http://www.sacbee.com/103/story/1431361.html
Old Dec 6, 2008, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I visited the Blackstone/Herndon JITB location a couple of times when in Fresno last week - the miles posted very quickly, and I like the fact that they have a credit card reader mounted at the drive-through window
Old Dec 6, 2008, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
And for TKO purposes...

We could see some new competitive lowest-possible/quickest spend for TKO (to keep open dormant mileage accounts) purposes. Up to now, it's been renting a movie, hasn't it?

And BTW, timrick, there was a TV camera crew in front of the Coach store in the Camarillo outlet mall on Black Friday. I wondered if it were paid or earned media, but saw it on the local LA Fox News station that night. Still could have been paid media, but your comment fills in more of the reason.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 10:27 pm

We found more JackInTheBox further north along I5 at Redding (next to the Mt. Shasta Mall) and Anderson (next to the Anderson Factory Outlets). They make good "shopping and dining" stops.

Firewind, when we were at the Gilroy Prime Outlets on Black Friday in the past, we always found the longest line at the Coach store.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yes
Old Dec 7, 2008, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Is the idea of a "gift card run" that there's something extra thrown in when you purchase one, like an extra sandwich or other dollar leverage? If so, I haven't seen this in many months. I would buy one when my son and I felt like going to Jack's, then leave the card with him. We still ask when we go, but the answer is always "No". It could be that the clerks just don't know, but we don't see the signs for them anymore, either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.