Wiki Posts
Search

Good Idine/RN restaurants in NY

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hertz, SPG, Amex MR, Mahalo Rewards
Good Idine/RN restaurants in NY

All of my favorite restaurants do not participate - so I thought I'd try some new ones. I saw the great restaurants thread, but it hasn't been updated in a while. Any recommendations that are Manhattan centric would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Aug 7, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Hey - I had forgotten about my "great restaurants" thread. Apparently it has become unstickied and we have all forgotten about it. Moderator - can you fix this? I am willing to run the thread again.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

woohoo! Is there a greatest of the greatest? I'd be interested to hear about it!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:42 pm
Suspended

I saw that my favorite in the Lincoln Center area -- Whym -- is again participating! Hooray!

Can also advise that I just had a great Dinner at Le Perigord -- Old Grand Dame French Cuisine from the days of "Mad Men" on TV.

Restaurant week Prix Fixe dinner of $35 is valid throughout the rest of August.

Specials section on it's website does not require cash only for the above, but insert at dinner says so. I had called before and the Maitre D' allowed me to use my credit card toward the Delta bonus, so you should be able to do so as well, if you take the precautions of calling beforehand and confirming with the name of a employee that you can use your credit card. By the way, they ask you to tip the Maitre D -- no problem here, he jawboned with us for some time and gave us a complimentary Veggie Qiuche, besides selecting six diffierent desserts from the desser cart for us to sample -- despite our each choosing one of the three choices provied to us from the Prix Fixe menu. We wound up quite stuffed from all the pleasant attention!

Opentable Reservation, as well.

Cpontemplating returning before it ends later this month.

Fantastic buy!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Aug 8, 2008 at 12:43 pm
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:51 am
Original Poster

That would certainly blow my diet. It is the season of company dinners, so may as well try some new places. Only thing is most everyone is usually downtown and westside these days.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I saw that my favorite in the Lincoln Center area -- Whym -- is again participating! Hooray!
I second that recommendation. I like it so much that I even went back when I knew they had left Rewards Network! Really happy they're participating again.

http://www.whymnyc.com/
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I host tons of dinners in Times Sq area and have used most midtown west restaurants. I'd say for something different, go to Brazil Grill (is on opentable as well). Its something different and has good food (even went with a Brazliian coworker who agreed that it was authentic and high quality). Also, Central Park Boathouse is something fun and different- although hard to get to as it is in Central Park.
Have also done events at Cascina (nice owner and the upstairs has a nice private wine room for parties)..
As far as downtown.. I like Bowery Wine Bar to meet up with friends.. decent prices and it is brand new..comfy couches.. down to earth staff.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 9:40 am
Suspended

I have eaten Cascina's prix fixe, pre-theater dinner and it is quite decent. When I went, they even had a coupon on the website for a free glass of wine -- since discontinued. It also has a sister restaurant in Doppo Teatro Doppos, also in the theater district that is good and participates on IDINE. In addition, both are on Opentable, as well.

Am going to see preview of Tale of Two Cities later this month and have selected L'allegria for pre-theater, prix-fixe dining. It is near Cascina, but unrelated, and its prix fixe menu was quite vast. I will see how it goes, as it has gotten mixed reviews on various sources.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 10:44 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Hey, NJUPINTHEAIR, that one was a great recommendation for our group holiday party last year - thanks again! Glad to know they're back.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dstan
Hey, NJUPINTHEAIR, that one was a great recommendation for our group holiday party last year - thanks again! Glad to know they're back.
My pleasure! Glad you liked it and hope you got FF miles for the dine.

I often go there before the ballet and opera as it is very close to Lincoln Center.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:50 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
My pleasure! Glad you liked it and hope you got FF miles for the dine.
I maxed out mine and put the rest on Mrs dstan's card. Unfortunately, she wasn't elite yet and we didn't realize they were only listed for elites at the time (not sure about now).
Old Aug 17, 2008, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dstan
I maxed out mine and put the rest on Mrs dstan's card. Unfortunately, she wasn't elite yet and we didn't realize they were only listed for elites at the time (not sure about now).

Really? I never had heard of such a thing!

Thanks for warning me as I often alternate dines with my spouse and have always thought that what was good for the gander was good for the goose!

I will take greater notice next time as we are unlikely to remain elite in all the IDINE programs we are both signed up for at present (AA, DL, United).
Old Aug 21, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Last month while in NYC we ate at Yuva Frontier Indian Grill on E. 58th and the food was very good. At that time they participated in the UA program. http://www.yuvanyc.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.