Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iDine problems, bugs, faults and fiascos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2007, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by 2muchfun
In the first case the missing miles are all for dines of $15 CDN or slightly higher (less than $19) and in the 2nd case I got 6,000 bonus miles for $702.51 CDN in cumulative spendings.

After numerous follow-ups with them, I have been told verbally by RN that they apply a conversion rate for the bonus thresholds while they don't for the "regular" payment of 10 Miles (for Elite) per Cdn$ spent at the restaurant.
Perhaps that problem will disappear soon, but not because of RN's doing?

I just heard on the news the other night that, as a result of both US$ devaluation and CDN$ improvement, US$ was on parity with CDN$ for the first time.

As I write this, www.xe.com shows: 1.00 CAD = 0.999151 USD
Old Sep 25, 2007, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I having posting problems for AA IDine for the end of August. No response with both email and snail mail, but I have copies of everything and will resend.

Good luck folks! This takes the fun out of IDine.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 8:03 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I having posting problems for AA IDine for the end of August. No response with both email and snail mail, but I have copies of everything and will resend.

Good luck folks! This takes the fun out of IDine.
I tried emailing them a few dines that were missing, figuring it might make it easier for them, but I never received a response, so I ended up just phoning them in the end. The two times I have had missing dines, the phone people were able to resolve them in a few weeks without issue, I would just suggest phoning them instead and not bothering with email or snail mail (though you will have to send them documentation after the phone call, I've emailed it when I've done it).

Based on my experience I'd put RewardNetwork's accuracy rate at about 98% (1 in 50 dines requires me to contact them), given the interactions between all the restaurants, credit card processors, and RewardsNetwork, I don't think that's too bad. Their accuracy rate is 100% after one phone call to fix any that don't go through automatically, I wish other companies I had issues with only required me to call them once to fix things! On top of that, in my limited dealings with their phone reps I think they are very good at what they do compared to other phone reps I have to deal with.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IDine dropping restaurants retroactively! Warning!

I posted above about a missing IDine posting. I always check their WEB site prior to going to the restaurants. On this case the restaurant showed active with benefits available on the day and at that time of time.

I finally heard from AA IDine. The restaurant quit the program nearly 2 weeks before this attempt to Dine and was listed as an active restaurant that entire time, even showed on my 'favorites'.

The person sending me the email said (and other people on FT have reported the same) that I should telephone them to verify prior to a major Dine attempt.

Hogwash!

This is false advertising! We would have selected a different restaurant in this case.

Not pleased at all!
Old Oct 3, 2007, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I posted above about a missing IDine posting. I always check their WEB site prior to going to the restaurants. On this case the restaurant showed active with benefits available on the day and at that time of time.

I finally heard from AA IDine. The restaurant quit the program nearly 2 weeks before this attempt to Dine and was listed as an active restaurant that entire time, even showed on my 'favorites'.
Don't accept this answer! I got 500 courtesy points for dining at the wrong restaurant because the map was incorrect on the i-dine website. Their website was wrong. You ate there in good faith. They owe you points!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks, I'm still working it.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Don't accept this answer! I got 500 courtesy points for dining at the wrong restaurant because the map was incorrect on the i-dine website. Their website was wrong. You ate there in good faith. They owe you points!
There are pitiful few IDine places in my area. We know them all well.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Another kind of fiasco reared its ugly heard a couple of days ago:

My favorite restaurant in the SMF area is 55 Degrees, in downtown Sacramento. When I checked the beginning of the month listings on Aadvantage RN, it showed a Zagat Survey link. The Zagat review said:

Originally Posted by Rewards Network Zagat Review popup box
55 Degrees
555 Capitol Mall Sacramento CA 95814 US
Food: 20
Decor: 22
Service: 17
Cost: 57

Set in a "cozy" Meatpacking District townhouse, this "standout" Eclectic showcases "adventurous" cooking in a duplex setting enhanced by a "charming garden"; but "cramped seating", "glacially slow" service and "high pricing" leave a "bad taste" in some mouths; N.B. the departure of chef Zak Pelaccio puts its Food rating in question.

Zagat Rating Scale
Food, Decor and Service are each rated on a scale of 0 to 30, derived from the average of servey or 0 to 3 voting multiplied by 10 to eliminate the decimal place.
F...Food D...Decor S...Service C...Cost
0-9...poor to fair
10-15...fair to good
16-19...good to very good
20-25...very good to excellent
26-30...extraordinary to perfection
Er, MePa is in NEW YORK CITY, Zak Pelaccio was at 5 Ninth, in a MePa brownstone. Worse, the review is largely negative, and is about 180 degrees out from the 55 Degrees restaurant. They were called, but the link still exists (and another call today also warns of changes coming... )
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JDiver
Another kind of fiasco reared its ugly heard a couple of days ago:

My favorite restaurant in the SMF area is 55 Degrees, in downtown Sacramento. When I checked the beginning of the month listings on Aadvantage RN, it showed a Zagat Survey link. The Zagat review said:

Er, MePa is in NEW YORK CITY, Zak Pelaccio was at 5 Ninth, in a MePa brownstone. Worse, the review is largely negative, and is about 180 degrees out from the 55 Degrees restaurant. They were called, but the link still exists (and another call today also warns of changes coming... )
You should advise the restaurant. They will have things fixed by IDINE lot sooner.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's what I did first, at the beginning of the week, so they could contact their account representative. I've now called and e-mailed. (I suspect this is one of those diffused responsibility issues wherein RN blames Zagat, Zagat hasn't been contacted, and RN hasn't deleted the link.)

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
You should advise the restaurant. They will have things fixed by IDINE lot sooner.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Account totals changed overnight

Yesterday, my YTD earnings were listed as 16,730 miles and my program to date miles were 100,935 miles. Today, my YTD earnings are listed as 11,730 miles and my program to date miles are 47,535. Plus I see that all the bonus miles have been deleted from my account summary. (Glad I'm keeping an excel spreadsheet of miles earned!)

Miles have not been deducted from my AA account, but if they don't fix this, it will make it more difficult to claim missing miles. I have 3 instances where the 250 bonus miles never posted, and I'm waiting the required 6-8 weeks before complaining.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the other hand, they've had a another bug for the past 3.5 months: The rate your dine bonus, which is identified as "VIP bonus" when it gets to the airline, and which was identified as such at AAdvantage Dining when it was it was first used (then as an additional promo, as opposed to the basic VIP promo) last fall, has since the start of the year shown up as just an extra listing of the dine, with an extra "rate me" link, making it very confusing to see what you've already rated and what you haven't.

Then they had another bug a few weeks ago where a bunch of 250 mile bonuses at AA posted at the airline on time but didn't show up at AAdvantage Dining until a week or two later!

Could it be they were trying to fix these bugs but introduced a different one?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
I checked my account, and the same thing is true for me. A bunch of my 250 miles bonuses and Rate Your Dine bonuses are gone. My YTD dining miles dropped in half as well.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Yes, I've lost the last 11 transactions -- everything after March 7 has simply been wiped out! And of course my totals are wrong as well.

The funny thing is, I still got a "new award" message announcing I had just earned AAdvantage miles. But in the body of the message, it says, "Can't find Transaction."
Old Apr 14, 2008, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
My transactions and miles have come back! ^

Check your accounts now, those who noticed the glitch.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
My transactions and miles have come back! ^

Check your accounts now, those who noticed the glitch.
And check further. Something else has changed (like I said, I think this glitch happened when they were trying to fix another bug). My "duplicate" dine listings that are actually the "rate your dine" bonus no longer show the duplicate "rate your dine" link. Previously, since I wasn't rating the duplicates, when I'd rate a new restaurant, it would pester me to rate dozens of restaurants I'd dined at in previous months where I had rated each dine once but hadn't rated it twice. Today, I rated new dines, and the only dines it promted me about were the new ones.

If this sticks, then in my book it's a decent tradeoff for a few days of bigger bugs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.