Search

More restaurants leaving than usual?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:35 pm
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
More restaurants leaving than usual?

In the town when I live there's only one quality restaurant associated with RN -- and it is leaving after today. In Austin, where we spent the weekend, a couple of places were similarly about to leave.

Pure coincidence, or is RN losing restaurants at a faster rate than usual?

Here at least, it does feel as though the programme is declining. With this and the early demise of "All double, no trouble", September 2010 is set to be a month with zero RN dines.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
I think it is a sign of the times. I have seen more leave, or new ones not getting added. I used to travel to CLT a lot. Very little for AA downtown there anymore. Might be the cost is too high for the return when the profit is so low.

I remember a place here in Tampa that left. Business was low, and the cost was not worth the 'extra' they got from the program.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
In the Boston area, if anything the number of participants has grown recently. This is largely due to a local pizza chain joining. The pizza place is one of the first participating restaurants where you can get a meal for under $15, and I am hoping this is a sign of things to come. In a lot of the areas I travel to, I find places as inexpensive as Denny's and Burger King participating. My thinking is, the more options, the merrier.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:42 pm
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DAS02135
In the Boston area, if anything the number of participants has grown recently.
That's encouraging. Let's hope my unscientific sample led me to worry unnecessarily.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Emirates Skywards
Yes, I agree- the restaurant selection is pretty abysmal in my area (Silicon Valley). A year ago we had a decent chain, Round Table Pizza, but they pulled out along with a local crepe joint and a reliable Indian restaurant. It seems as though RewardsNetwork doesn't have a sales staff recruiting any new restaurants to make up for the ones which are leaving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.