Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Idine Promo?????

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Question New Idine Promo?????

I was on the Idine website early today, and it has under bonus "take the 25K mile challenge", but it is blank. No info, just a "register" button.

WOOHOO...bring on the miles!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
They need to do SOMETHING - the 500 bonus miles per $50 (8 max) is over, and the 5+5 points M-T-W is over.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 12:16 pm

which one?

Sorry, I'm confused.

When you say iDine, do you mean idine.com, or, say, aa.rewardsnetwork.com? Or are they the same?

Sorry, I'm new to all this and it's kinda confusing.

This probably should go on another thread: it's my understanding that you can only join one airline iDine program, but can you join, say, AA's dining program and iDine's cashback one?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by rodrigo
it's my understanding that you can only join one airline iDine program, but can you join, say, AA's dining program and iDine's cashback one?
You can belong to as many partner programs (airlines, hotels, etc.) as you have credit cards - I'm currently an "elite" diner in four of them.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
I was on the Idine website early today, and it has under bonus "take the 25K mile challenge",
You're getting your terminology confused.

Several years ago, iDine changed its name to Rewards Network.

Now, if you read another currently active thread, you'll see they've rresurrected the iDine name, but only for the cashback version of the program, which has no capability to earn miles.

Therefore, it's impossible for iDine (which today means the cashback, not miles-earning, version of the program) to have a "mile challenge".

Presumably you're actually takling about Mileage Plus Dining, (United)? I guess that, since per another thread, there was a link to the United website that talked about a "25k mile challenge" but that United website has also been taken down (or, more specficially, it still exists but does mention any Mileage Plus Dining promo nor any 25k Mile Challenge any more).
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rodrigo
This probably should go on another thread: it's my understanding that you can only join one airline iDine program, but can you join, say, AA's dining program and iDine's cashback one?
See my post above about the redefinition (by Rewards Network) of the term "iDine" to now mean only the cashback program.

Anyway, Rewards Network doesn't put airline programs in a separate category. You can belong to as many programs as you wish. But you cannot register the same credit/debit card in more than one program (if you do, it pulls it out of the other pogram, but every program has to have at least one card registered). It makes no difference whether the other program is an airline program, a hotel program (there are now two of those, Priority Club and Hilton HHonors), a store points program (there is now one of those, Best Buy), or the revamped cashback program that now goes by the name of iDine. The restrictions on non-sharing of cards between programs is the same no matter what type of program. (Historically, there was one difference, but it no longer exists: At one time, there was the Restaurant Dining Program from Diners Club where you were automatically registered, and you couldn't register additional cards in that program. At that time, you couldn't thus move your Diners Club card to another program. But that DC Restaurant Dining Program went away several years ago, and AFAIK there is no program inextricably linked to a particular card any more.)
Old Oct 4, 2009, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Just a quick note for Rodrigo and other newbies, if a restaurant has a limit/restriction of "one visit per month" (are there any of those left?), it means per partner, not per person - if you're in multiple programs, that'd be one qualifying dine each.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
They need to do SOMETHING - the 500 bonus miles per $50 (8 max) is over, and the 5+5 points M-T-W is over.
I agree, and the last 500 mile award I got - the email told me it could take 501 days to post!
Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:45 pm

One other minor catch to being enrolled in multiple airline programs is that you need to use a different id for each program. I just append the airline code, so I have useridAA, useridDL, useridUS, etc.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
ID'ed

Originally Posted by alanh
One other minor catch to being enrolled in multiple airline programs is that you need to use a different id for each program. I just append the airline code, so I have useridAA, useridDL, useridUS, etc.
Well, I guess I won't be using those!

Seriously, you may want to redact those here. Some people are good at passwords, even if the "rewards" are paltry.

Also, seriously, that's the only bother I find with RewardsNetwork -- remembering all those user id's. Alas, one bane of life, nowadays.

And if you move around among programs, you can't use any that you've used before, alive or dead (undead? ).
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
Seriously, you may want to redact those here. Some people are good at passwords, even if the "rewards" are paltry.
I also use the same pattern of user names. The first program I signed up for I had no airline suffix, but that was BA and they no longer are a partner, so that ID is gone anyway. So now mine all fall in the same pattern.

However, my passwords are all over the place, so I don't see how anyone could guess those. Every site has a different password, but somehow related to something that I associate with my experience or expectations with that program (but that no one else would likely ever think of). In any case, it's more like a phrase or whatever, rather than a single word, always.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
What could you do if you did access someone's account? Nothing is stored there. It's just a summary of points that have been accumulated. Even credit cards are only listed by the last 4 digits.

I ask because 3 people (2 friends and 1 stranger) have given me their user ID and password so I could register my credit card and earn miles for them. Helped my 2 friends get VIP status, and stranger from Australia needed an i-dine credit for PC promo.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:44 am

Thanks for the warning, but it's not actually "userid" (or "alanh" either) -- that's just an example. I use the same prefix (which I haven't given out here) along with the airline abbreviation.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Also, seriously, that's the only bother I find with RewardsNetwork -- remembering all those user id's. Alas, one bane of life, nowadays.
One word. Roboform. Best $40 you'll ever spend.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
We're now more than half way through the month and no dining bonus what so ever to speak of. I did of course get a reminder today in my inbox that "Ghouls and goblins are welcome to dine" simply reminding me of the participating restaurants in my area. I hope this isn't yet another devaluation to the program...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.