Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia advance seat assignments

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
We are flying MAD-SVQ in February. Flight is reserved as an AA codeshare. Called IB and they can see the reservation but say advance seat assignments are not possible if we are booked on a codeshare. However, I called AA and the agent was able to assign exit row seats. They show up on the reservation on aa.com and when I look at the flight's seat map on experflyer.com the seats show occupied. Cannot view the reservation on iberia.com. So...

1. Should I expect these seats assignments will "stick" or could they disappear?

2. The flights are on an A320. Seatguru shows the plane has 29 rows (row 13 missing) and rows 11 and 12 are the exit rows. We are booked in row 12, as that is said to be the row with more recline. Expertflyer shows 30 rows on the plane with rows 12 and 14 as the exits and row 16 blocked. The fleet page on iberia.com has a very tiny seat map that appears to be more consistent with seatguru but it shows that 1 DEF doesn't exist. I also saw some references on the web that suggest that IB may have two versions of this aircraft. Anyone know what the real layout is and are we in good seats?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I have the same issue. AA flight numbers and IB operated. IB insists that no seats can be assigned. Ticket issued by expedia.

The first AA agent said it could not be done, the second AA agent said it's $25 per seat assignment.

Who is right and what else can be done?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Got it worked out. Went to the local airport and a nice supervisor assigned us seats
Old May 6, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
So I just started a new position with international travel and an international marriage, so I figured I should learn my way around these forums.

Anwyay, I'm booked on an IB codeshare flight operated by AA from ORD to LHR connecting onto MAD. I was wondering if I could select seats early or I have to wait on getting my Oneworld status for that? I see no option to do so so I figure I may just be SOL.
Old May 7, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
So I just started a new position with international travel and an international marriage, so I figured I should learn my way around these forums.

Anwyay, I'm booked on an IB codeshare flight operated by AA from ORD to LHR connecting onto MAD. I was wondering if I could select seats early or I have to wait on getting my Oneworld status for that? I see no option to do so so I figure I may just be SOL.

Welcome LC. As the ORD-LHR segment is operated by AA, AA rules would apply.

For the LHR-MAD flight (IB?), certain fares allow seat selection if no status.
(Business, Economy: Y-B-H-K-M-Z-L-A, and redemptions)
Old May 9, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Travellair
Welcome LC. As the ORD-LHR segment is operated by AA, AA rules would apply.

For the LHR-MAD flight (IB?), certain fares allow seat selection if no status.
(Business, Economy: Y-B-H-K-M-Z-L-A, and redemptions)
It appears I just needed to play with the Booking Management part of Iberia. It's pretty seamless between BA/IB/AA metal as well. Even for the handover between sites.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:35 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I am booked in J on GVA-MAD-ORD on IB metal and an AA flight number.

Any help on how to allocate seats, and to get the IB PNR? I have the AA PNR from AA.

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
I am booked in J on GVA-MAD-ORD on IB metal and an AA flight number.

Any help on how to allocate seats, and to get the IB PNR? I have the AA PNR from AA.

Thanks!
Good luck with that...see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...-ow-sapph.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.