Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Is Avios refund still slow when cancelling IB award?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle

I've read the old threads suggesting it takes a while to get your avios back, and you possibly need to send a message on facebook to move things along.

I've got a simple one way IB award that I need to cancel and use the refunded avios to book an alternative. With only one space left on my date, I can't hang around too long waiting.

Are there any new data points regarding how slow/quick it is these days? Is a polite facebook message immediately after cancelling likely to help?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Still takes a day or two... I think I cancelled something last Monday and received the Avios on Wednesday.

Presumably you want a different route, as otherwise you could just call and change the date.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Still takes a day or two... I think I cancelled something last Monday and received the Avios on Wednesday.

Presumably you want a different route, as otherwise you could just call and change the date.
Thanks. Yep, different route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.