Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award availability on IB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I've never really seen phantom availability on IB+. However there is definitely a "married segment" issue.

BTW, if the OP is truly an Avios virgin, then he/she needs to "activate" the IB+ account with activity and wait 90 days after that before Combine Your Avios is possible.
For example, If you try to book a MAD-LPA,ACE,TCI,FUE in very high season (last easter I had found a lot of phantom availability) just a month before flying you will see that there are lots of open Turista (full Y Avios fare) seats but not bookeable at all by the system. If calling, agent can see the seat as well but when trying to going into booking the seat is blocked.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by IamHungry
When you say they cannot do anything about married segment. Are you saying that business class from MAD-ORD will only be bookable if I start from KRK? Or business class from MAD-ORD will not be bookable does not matter if it shows as available online?
Well, not only KRK, but pretty much any connection. I started another thread to talk about doing this from Madrid. From the city center VLC is by far the easiest since you can just get an AVE train to Valencia and then a metro to the airport there.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Well, not only KRK, but pretty much any connection. I started another thread to talk about doing this from Madrid. From the city center VLC is by far the easiest since you can just get an AVE train to Valencia and then a metro to the airport there.
It's worth making clear that there's no GUARANTEE that adding a Spanish or European flight will conjure up Business Class or Premium Economy award space, but sometimes it does, and sometimes only certain cities get lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.