Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Problems redeeming IB Avios on Royal Air Maroc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I know that Iberia partners with Royal Air Maroc and that the redemption chart is excellent for short flights. Unfortunately, it seems that nobody at the Iberia customer service center seems to be able to see any Royal Air Maroc flights.

I first checked the city pair in which I was interested: RAI-OXB and was told that none of their partners flew that route. I asked if he meant that there was no award availability and he repeated that none of their partners fly that route. I explained that Royal Air Maroc flies that route and he told me (a) he knows what he's doing and (b) they do not fly that route.

I then simplified the request and asked for a variety of cities in and out of their main hub in Casablanca. Still no flights on any date.

Can anyone suggest how to proceed?

Last edited by grlmopz; Jan 3, 2017 at 10:54 am
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:40 pm

How many agents have you spoken to? I would just try calling back.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Plat, SPG Plat
Anyone update on this? I am having a similar problem. Trying to book a flight from ROB (Monrovia, Liberia) to either BUE (Buenos) or RIO (Rio) using miles. The only option I see available is Air Maroc and using either Avios points or Eithad Airways points and both see very difficult to find availabiltiy.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
have you tried searching for availability online at RAM's website ? RAM now allows online booking of award flights on their website.

As a test, first search for any city pair that shows available award space on RAM's website, then contact Iberia to check if they see the award availability too.

Last edited by MasterGeek; Mar 6, 2017 at 8:30 am
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
The responses from agents are inconsistent in my experience, here are some responses I received:
  • There is no availability
  • The flights must be in a route operated by Ibera
  • The Royal Air Maroc award must be a mix of Royal Air Maroc and Oneworld airline segments, and cannot be Royal Air Maroc segments only

Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

do IB+ elite benefits when flying Royal Air Maroc if booked under IB code share?

Thanks,
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:41 am

Programs: All of 'em
The website is still glitchy when trying to book Iberia.
Does the call center have ability to book?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.