Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Name Change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Name Change

Anyone have an name change request if so, what was the result? I made a huge mistake and included my maiden name when it is not in my passport and need to delete it..
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If it's a new account just scrap it and open another account.

In theory you can call and change the name. In practice, Spanish people don't change their names when married so the call centre staff might not be able to cope.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Are you talking about IB+ or a ticket?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:42 am
Original Poster

its an 2 Iberia tickets and I included my maiden and married name which does not match my passport. My passport says Martinez. Iberia says I have to issue a new ticket and pay for this non refundable until I begged them and said they would consult with their HQ going to find out today.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ah... Airlines aren't fond of changing names on tickets. Too much possible misbehaviour from selling non-refundable tickets to third parties and then changing the name. Even fixing minor spelling errors is usually a problem, even if the error is made by a phone agent.

Good luck but you are basically at the mercy of the airline, unless you want to get a new passport in whatever name is on the ticket.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Natalie Rovirosa Martinez
Anyone have an name change request if so, what was the result? I made a huge mistake and included my maiden name when it is not in my passport and need to delete it..
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

If your current last name is on your passport and ticket (both) as well as your maiden name on the ticket only, there should not be a problem. The airlines and security are fairly used to various usages of names, such as the FirstName - Patronymic - Matronymic (e.g. Maria Elena Fulano Mangano de Santa Cachucha, to add the marital complication) used in some, but not all, countries; listing LastName first, FirstName last; etc.

If you omitted your married last name as shown on your passport entirely, I'd keep on trying to get Iberia to make the change - knowing they may not - and travel with a notarized or certified copy of your marriage certificate.

¡Suerte!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
Maria Elena Fulano Mangano de Santa Cachucha
I suspect no insult was intended, but depending on the Latin American country, that last bit is highly offensive...

Apart from the President-elect, I doubt most others would use that phrase so freely.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

If your current last name is on your passport and ticket (both) as well as your maiden name on the ticket only, there should not be a problem. The airlines and security are fairly used to various usages of names, such as the FirstName - Patronymic - Matronymic (e.g. Maria Elena Fulano Mangano de Santa Cachucha, to add the marital complication) used in some, but not all, countries; listing LastName first, FirstName last; etc.

If you omitted your married last name as shown on your passport entirely, I'd keep on trying to get Iberia to make the change - knowing they may not - and travel with a notarized or certified copy of your marriage certificate.

¡Suerte!

If your ticket was issued as Natalie SOLTERALASTNAME MARRIEDLASTNAME, and your passport only says Natalie MARRIEDLASTNAME, I'd go with it and like JDiver said, bring a marriage certificate or something showing the change.

It would probably be more difficult if your ticket said Natalie SOLTERALASTNAME, and your passport said Natalie MARRIEDLASTNAME...like often happens in the US with newlyweds traveling.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:49 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
another issue that comes up is when the website prompts you to login it might change the name on the ticket you are working on and then try to fix that mistake
agh.
IB and BA their IT just sucks. ugh

I still have not been able to login to my BA acct for the past 3 years. ugh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.