Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

award seats on BOG-MAD-LON but not BOG-MAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I am trying to book an award flight from Bogota to either Madrid or London. Several days ago there was a lot of availability on BOG-MAD. Now I can redeem my miles for BOG-MAD-LON, but just BOG-MAD shows no availability in any class.

Tried to call Iberia - they had no explanation for why I could book the BOG-MAD-LON but not the same BOG-MAD flight on its own. The agent just said the BOG-MAD "flight is closed" and it may be because the system is being updated (?).

If anyone could give me some advice as to whether this is a glitch or the fact is that there will be no more award space on that flight and I should go ahead and book with money before the prices go up - I would be grateful. Thank you
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Having availability for married segments is something that happens with IB. You can try to VLC or BCN and then get the train back or another award flight.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by mariagri
I am trying to book an award flight from Bogota to either Madrid or London. Several days ago there was a lot of availability on BOG-MAD. Now I can redeem my miles for BOG-MAD-LON, but just BOG-MAD shows no availability in any class.

Tried to call Iberia - they had no explanation for why I could book the BOG-MAD-LON but not the same BOG-MAD flight on its own. The agent just said the BOG-MAD "flight is closed" and it may be because the system is being updated (?).

If anyone could give me some advice as to whether this is a glitch or the fact is that there will be no more award space on that flight and I should go ahead and book with money before the prices go up - I would be grateful. Thank you
Hello,

I had the same issue last year. I could not find award seats from Mad to Mex and it was no problem from Bcn. It was not a big deal because I actually live in Bcn but I preferred to save the miles for the Bcn-Mad-Bcn segments and buy a cheap ticket for the feeder flights.
I also phoned IB+ but did not get a clear answer.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Married segments have long been an issue with Iberia Plus. That said, if you are booking far in advance availability can just come and go seemingly randomly.

It would be interesting for somebody with better access to fare information to see whether there are tickets in discounted fare buckets for a LON-BOG versus a MAD-BOG. I wonder whether there is a linkage between certain revenue fares and award bucket availability, as that might explain why this issue exists. I doubt somebody manually decides to offer award availability only on connections beyond MAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.