Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Priority Pass lounges in MAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:38 am
Original Poster

New Priority Pass lounges in MAD

The AENA-run lounges in MAD (accessible with Priority Pass) were refurbished a few months ago. Yesterday I had a long layover and was curious to check out the new T4 lounge (formerly La Revoltosa, now Plaza Mayor). I was pleasantly surprised with the upgrade and thought I'd mention it here

Sala Plaza Mayor, airside MAD T4

The entrance to the lounge is in the same place as the old one in T4 (close to the McDonald's, there are signs directing you to "Sala VIP" as soon as you reach the Duty Free after security, so it's easy to find).

The lounge is about three times the size of the old one, with plenty of power outlets:

There are more hot food options than in IB's Sala Dalí. In this case: meatballs, pasta with chorizo and paella:

More food options (salads, sandwiches, etc.):

There are also a couple of showers.

All in all, I think it is a good option if you have a Priority Pass membership and want a change of scenery.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
The PP site does not mention showers. Has anyone used the showers in Plaza Mayor? I am flying through MAD next month from DFW and planned to use the Dali lounge for the showers but I might choose Plaza Mayor if it has showers.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

I'm sure I saw showers, you can always write to [email protected] to make sure.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: AB topbonus Gold, IB+
As oneworld sapphire can I use this lounge or I am not allowed? I went one time and the guy in the reception sent me to Iberia's lounge.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spanishflyer
As oneworld sapphire can I use this lounge or I am not allowed? I went one time and the guy in the reception sent me to Iberia's lounge.
No, this is for Priority Pass holders (and other programmes associated with AENA) or you can buy a pass for about € 20 (cheaper online, I think).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AB topbonus Gold, IB+
Originally Posted by Yllanes
No, this is for Priority Pass holders (and other programmes associated with AENA) or you can buy a pass for about € 20 (cheaper online, I think).
Thanks @Yllanes,

I do not understand why AENA lounge is accessible with oneworld in other airports like ALC but not in Barajas...
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by spanishflyer
Thanks @Yllanes,

I do not understand why AENA lounge is accessible with oneworld in other airports like ALC but not in Barajas...
Because IB doesn't want to pay for a separate lounge if they already have their own. ALC has no IB owned lounge.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
I visited AENA's T4 lounge with PriorityPass last month, and was a very pleasant experience. Plenty of beverages, food, literature, fast Wi-Fi, comfortable, and clean. It exceeded my expectations.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 5:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That does look quite nice, especially for a PP Lounge. The hot food is also a nice option, especially compared to IB who believes lounge food should be what a coffee shop offers
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Thumbs up Wonderful lounge!

Hey Yllanes,

Thanks for a wonderful review. I went to this lounge some time ago and totally agree with what you said and it was a very nice experience for me too. One thing I am not sure about is showers. I am not sure myself if I saw them there.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dumba
Hey Yllanes,

Thanks for a wonderful review. I went to this lounge some time ago and totally agree with what you said and it was a very nice experience for me too. One thing I am not sure about is showers. I am not sure myself if I saw them there.
I thought I had seen them, but they are not listed online, so I'm probably wrong. The AENA lounge in T4S (Neptuno) does have showers and I could be mixing them up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.