Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Points from QR & MH not posting in Iberia Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

I've scrolled down the forum a few pages to see if this topic has been covered yet and I could find it yet.

The problem:

I flew 2 legs on QR on June 1st and 2 legs on MH on June 8th. All legs in business (earns points) and on all the boarding passes, my correct IB+ number is printed.

So far, none of the segments did post in my IB+ account. I reached out to IB and asked how long it would take. Got the answer "if you don't receive within a week, claim it retro-actively" (which takes 4 weeks).

Is it usual for IB not to post miles within 2 weeks time? Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I would wait probably until the end of this week to file the retroactive claim on QR. The MH ones are definitely still fresh.

I've had 10 days for partner airlines so you're not really out the realm of normal transfer times.

IIRC, QR sends all the partner FF info in batches.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! I guess I'm spoilt with TK posting within a day or 2
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
MH are renowned for claiming that they posted miles to a MH account, hoping that some people don't chase up their Avios. BA are pretty good at ignoring that BS - not sure about Iberia.

It's also not a guarantee that cheap Business Class tickets earn Avios. Presumably you have confirmed your fare class against the IB+ website?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

It's interesting to see how airlines differ so much in terms of posting points. As said with TK, and also KL, it doesn't take longer than 3 days or so.

Yes, I flew I-class on QR, which is above the discounted Z-class.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

I have flown several segments in QR I fare and avios have always been credited, but sometimes it has been in 2/3 days and others it has taken 8 days.
I guess that LupineChemist is right and they send it in batches.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Just a small advise for anyone thinking about crediting to IB to get (fast) status: in case avois/elite points don't post, it's a headache to do a retroclaim. The only way is through a web form and in my case, I'm waiting 3 weeks (and counting) and the status is still 'pending'. Out of 8 flights flown, only 2 show up in my account.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:20 am
Original Poster

As Iberia seems not to react and since the call center says they didn't receive any request from me, I wondered if I could post the miles with a different airline. My IB-number is on the ticket, but could I change that retroactively since the points didn't post?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
MH flights credited to IB

You have to insist. It's a pain. The web claim form didnt work for me once, saying after 3 weeks that my claim was rejected, so now i send them scanned by email. It works better but so slow. im wating 6 weeks and combined that with a phone call so that they can remind MH that its pending. But its all for IB platium so theyre not going to get away so easy
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Re QR: As stated above, they send them in weekly badges. However, depending on the weekday your flight was, it may take up to 9 days, as they cut of about 48 hrs before sending the badge.

In addition, they seem to have a temporary issue right now, which is being discussed in the BA forum. The conclusion there was to wait for 9 days and make a retroclaim on day 10. Retroclaims seem to go through quickly, at least with BAEC.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
It took almost 2 months but everything posted. MH flights to IB Plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.