Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by nsjeff
https://www.groupon.es/deals/ga-avios-iberia-2

May I know if this link is still working ?
I can not find the button to click for avios purchasing...

please help ~ Thanks
Sold out.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I tried pushing my coupons through once again yesterday, just in case, and they didn't pass (like that solitary one last time, which had already been successfully redeemed). So hopefully the remaining ones will reliably come through!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
I tried pushing my coupons through once again yesterday, just in case, and they didn't pass (like that solitary one last time, which had already been successfully redeemed). So hopefully the remaining ones will reliably come through!
We are in the same boat
My concern is my coupons will expire on 14th.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think if you have successfully pushed them through it should be ok. The issue was, two of my coupons somehow hadn't gone through the first time I tried to enter them, not long after purchase. One of them did go through, though, even though I thought all three had. I wouldn't have known had Groupon not written to me. There is always quite a long wait between redeeming the coupons/codes and actually receiving the Avios, so we could still have a bit of a wait in front of us. I have a feeling it will all work out.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:48 pm

I think if you have successfully pushed them through it should be ok. The issue was, two of my coupons somehow hadn't gone through the first time I tried to enter them, not long after purchase. One of them did go through, though, even though I thought all three had. I wouldn't have known had Groupon not written to me. There is always quite a long wait between redeeming the coupons/codes and actually receiving the Avios, so we could still have a bit of a wait in front of us. I have a feeling it will all work out.
I wrote to Groupon in English and got reply in Spanish.
I translated with Google translator.

I inform you about your coupons xxxx / xxxx / xxxx / xxxx, have exchanged correctly 04/08/2016 day in Iberia card number xxxxxxxx.

Iberia will receive your information the 15/08/2016, from the date your Avios will be loaded on your Iberia Plus card maximum 30 working days to use them when you want.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Anyone seen their points from a recent purchase appear on the Iberia site?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish I could give more positive feedback, but so far those Avios haven't turned up. What I did receive, just today, were the points for the purchase at the Iberiaplustore. Somehow that didn't bother me, because that purchase was separate to actually pushing the voucher codes through. I reckon it will all turn up some time around the end of the month. How long do we for making a claim at PayPal otherwise?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:35 am

I wish I could give more positive feedback, but so far those Avios haven't turned up. What I did receive, just today, were the points for the purchase at the Iberiaplustore. Somehow that didn't bother me, because that purchase was separate to actually pushing the voucher codes through. I reckon it will all turn up some time around the end of the month. How long do we for making a claim at PayPal otherwise?
I receive nothing so far. Nothing from Iberiaplustore yet

Last edited by LandMiler; Aug 24, 2016 at 5:33 am
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KAFlyer
Anyone seen their points from a recent purchase appear on the Iberia site?
Just an update....

The points from my Groupon purchase appeared in my Avios account today.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by KAFlyer
Just an update....

The points from my Groupon purchase appeared in my Avios account today.
YES ! I got both purchased and shopping bonus avios!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can also report the good news that all my missing points turned up today. What a relief! It feels to me as if they do a monthly sweep, towards the end of the month.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:13 pm

My small purchase posted immediately; however, I signed out and then signed back in and points were posted.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought someone was posting about the arrival of a new Groupon deal!
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems like a new groupon promotion has commenced today. This time some of the prices are €5 more expensive, making the 2,000 Avios package worth €24. On the other hand, the 20,000 Avios package has come down from €259 to €249. However, for Brits the exchange rate is pretty cruel.

https://www.groupon.es/deals/ga-avios-group-espana-5
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It seems like a new groupon promotion has commenced today. This time some of the prices are €5 more expensive, making the 2,000 Avios package worth €24. On the other hand, the 20,000 Avios package has come down from €259 to €249. However, for Brits the exchange rate is pretty cruel.

https://www.groupon.es/deals/ga-avios-group-espana-5
I try to check Groupon every few days, but somehow Raffles got the jump on me this time!

Besides the price going up, it looks like somebody has made the clever decision to sell a package that is equivalent to the number of Avios needed to fly from Madrid to New York in Turista (Azul / Blue). 429 euros might sound cheap, especially if one doesn't know that there are taxes and a bit of surcharge on top...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.