Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia posts profit new routes and new aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia posts profit new routes and new aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
YYZ is an interesting one - I may have some travel to Toronto coming up.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Iberia Express to launch MAD-BHX

On the shorthaul side, I2 is launching MAD-BHX, starting March 2016: http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ingham-service

Originally Posted by BusinessTraveller.com
Iberia Express will launch a four-times weekly service between Madrid and Birmingham next summer.

From March 27, the carrier will roster an A320 on to the route, which will fly on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
On the shorthaul side, I2 is launching MAD-BHX, starting March 2016: http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ingham-service

I have to say, I've not been too impressed with I2. Their website is so bad that Iberia should be ashamed. And of the last 3 flights I've had with them, a bus was used instead of an air bridge. Every other budget airline at Madrid Barjas, Easyjet, RyanAir, Transavia, Vueling, uses an air bridge, but not I2, in my experience. It might sound like a minor gripe, but at the end of a long day, I don't want to have to wait for other passengers to wonder down the steps and get on the bus.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Cerebrito
I have to say, I've not been too impressed with I2. Their website is so bad that Iberia should be ashamed. And of the last 3 flights I've had with them, a bus was used instead of an air bridge. Every other budget airline at Madrid Barjas, Easyjet, RyanAir, Transavia, Vueling, uses an air bridge, but not I2, in my experience. It might sound like a minor gripe, but at the end of a long day, I don't want to have to wait for other passengers to wonder down the steps and get on the bus.
I don't think I've ever used the I2 website to book a flight on them, I just book directly on iberia.com.

As far as busing, I haven't flow them in the last few months but I've always had a bridge but busing happens everywhere. My most annoying busing experience was on a late DY flight from LGW where I was happy to be in row 1 and ended up at the end of the immigration line so it happens at T1, too.

Really, I honestly find it to be pretty much exactly the same from the customer side* except for the lack of legroom.

*in MAD, it does have a very LCC feel at the outstations
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I don't think I've ever used the I2 website to book a flight on them, I just book directly on iberia.com.
I had to book some one-way flights, and iberia.com was quoting 300ish EUR, and the I2 website was quoting 68 EUR.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Last edited by DELLAS; Nov 16, 2015 at 11:19 am Reason: Already announced
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by Cerebrito
I had to book some one-way flights, and iberia.com was quoting 300ish EUR, and the I2 website was quoting 68 EUR.
And BA probably would quote €1000
Old Nov 21, 2015, 5:23 pm

Any speculation about when IB MAD-JNB might be confirmed? (Along with when the route would start too)
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by lewis_saint
Any speculation about when IB MAD-JNB might be confirmed? (Along with when the route would start too)
I don't think it has been mentioned in this subforum, but MAD-JNB resumes on August 16 (leaving MAD on Monday, Thursday and Friday). It was announced a few days ago.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
I don't think it has been mentioned in this subforum, but MAD-JNB resumes on August 16 (leaving MAD on Monday, Thursday and Friday). It was announced a few days ago.
My corporate policy is J on over 10 hours and they scheduled it for 10h10m.

Good on IB.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
My corporate policy is J on over 10 hours and they scheduled it for 10h10m.

Good on IB.
Nice of them to accomodate you
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:43 am
Original Poster

From 18th October IB will start MAD-NRT 3 times a week. Flights on sale today.

Also subject to slots MAD-PVG will commence 2016/2017 timetable.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
From 18th October IB will start MAD-NRT 3 times a week. Flights on sale today.

Also subject to slots MAD-PVG will commence 2016/2017 timetable.
This is wonderful. I was hoping to go to Japan this year and now just need to wait for the 50% avios discount for the credit card.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:20 am

An additional analysis that I really think the timing of this announcement is linked with the LATAM JV announcement. I know they have been working on it for awhile but there is a not insignificant Japanese population in Brazil and Peru specifically.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
What do we think the odds are of IB joining the BA/AY/JL trans-Siberian joint business now that they'll be flying to NRT? Is there anything that prevents them from joining almost instantly, such as needing to operate the route for a while first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.