Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia LHR - LPA Route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Iberia LHR - LPA Route

I have booked to fly from LPA to LHR on 03rd January 2016.

My original flight was scheduled to be with Iberia Express (IB3604) departing LPA at 10:50, however I have recently received an email stating that this flight will no longer operate and my new flight (which is also direct) will be IB3006 on a A319.

I didn't think Iberia Express used A319's which leads me to assume that this flight is operated by Iberia and not Iberia Express (though I'm not sure if there's much difference)

Does anyone have any knowledge of these changes.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
There're no 319s on I2's fleet
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
It is showing up as IB mainline on the flight search. It's curious because the return flight later that evening of IB3005 is a codeshare on BA metal. Seems like they are playing schedule tetris at the moment.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It is showing up as IB mainline on the flight search. It's curious because the return flight later that evening of IB3005 is a codeshare on BA metal. Seems like they are playing schedule tetris at the moment.
Yes IB3005 says "operated by British Airways" which doesn't make any sense !

The flight schedule is -

14:00 LPA - 18:20 LHR
19:10 LHR - 23:30 LPA

but that would mean the aircraft and crew overnighting at LPA therefore I suspect that this is a error and both flights have actually been taken over by Iberia from Iberia Express.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JuanRos
There're no 319s on I2's fleet
Yes I know, that is why I was querying IB taking over the route !
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by RSJ1973
Yes IB3005 says "operated by British Airways" which doesn't make any sense !

The flight schedule is -

14:00 LPA - 18:20 LHR
19:10 LHR - 23:30 LPA

but that would mean the aircraft and crew overnighting at LPA therefore I suspect that this is a error and both flights have actually been taken over by Iberia from Iberia Express.
An IB crew at LPA would cost just as much money. I think they aircraft may do a MAD-LPA-LHR-MAD run. It could very well be the mid haul 319 that they schedule rather carefully and might have some freedom on weekends.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
An IB crew at LPA would cost just as much money. I think they aircraft may do a MAD-LPA-LHR-MAD run. It could very well be the mid haul 319 that they schedule rather carefully and might have some freedom on weekends.
It would be good if this was one of their mid haul A319's but I doubt it, there just isn't that much leeway in their schedule to allow for one of these aircraft to be used for this sort of rotation. Plus its operating more than once per week, I'm pretty sure it's either 5 or 6 weekly so that's a definite no no.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Thumbs down More Cancellations

I don't know what's going on with Iberia flights, but 4 of our 5 flights booked with Avios from/to LHR-LPA and even MAD-LPA - operated by Iberia over the Xmas/New Year period - were cancelled.
However, my IB flights LHR-LPA booked with AA miles for 22/12 are still intact.

Anyone have a plausible explanation ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.