Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick Lounge Access?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK Gold
Gatwick Lounge Access?

Does anyone know or have any experience with which Lounge is available for Iberia at London Gatwick's SouthTerminal? I am flying Iberia Express sold as BA and am holding a BA silver card, i.e. OW Sapphire. Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
There are no Iberia or OneWorld lounges at Gatwick South, so you're out of luck I'm afraid.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:26 am

Maybe there is some kind of agreement and you can ask for a voucher at check in
you can ask just to make sure. You can pay into the lounges otherwise. No.1 can be pre booked online.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by jorguh
Does anyone know or have any experience with which Lounge is available for Iberia at London Gatwick's SouthTerminal? I am flying Iberia Express sold as BA and am holding a BA silver card, i.e. OW Sapphire. Thanks!
Flying economy or business? Am flying business (as a OWS) and was directed to the new Clubrooms lounge. Order food and drinks off the menu (doesn't seem to be any limit like the standard No.1 Traveller lounge upstairs has).
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by flashware
Flying economy or business? Am flying business (as a OWS) and was directed to the new Clubrooms lounge. Order food and drinks off the menu (doesn't seem to be any limit like the standard No.1 Traveller lounge upstairs has).
Can someone tell me where this is in the South Terminal please?
Need to give guidance/directions to someone travelling on Iberia Express (Business) in a couple of days time.

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Can someone tell me where this is in the South Terminal please?
Need to give guidance/directions to someone travelling on Iberia Express (Business) in a couple of days time.

Thanks
If you go to the No.1 lounge they'll direct you there. Otherwise when you come up the escalator, turn left and it's just before you hit the play ground.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I believe at the end of the passage next to JD Sports.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:51 am

I have a 5 hr layover on Norwegian. I think they fly out of the South Terminal?

Can I still head over to the North Terminal to use the lounges there via my priority pass?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by travelbarefeet
I have a 5 hr layover on Norwegian. I think they fly out of the South Terminal?

Can I still head over to the North Terminal to use the lounges there via my priority pass?
Why not just use your PP for the No.1 lounge in the south terminal?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Why not just use your PP for the No.1 lounge in the south terminal?
Yes, I will do that.

But my question is, do I have the option of checking out the lounges in the North Terminal?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:55 am

Yes, I will do that.

But my question is, do I have the option of checking out the lounges in the North Terminal?
I don't think you'd be able to get through security.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:12 am

Yes, I will do that.

No access to North. However the new No.1 Lounge/Club Rooms in South Terminal are very nice I was in them last week.

Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yes, I will do that.

meaning you would like to pay twice, to access lounges in both the North and South terminal, or were you planning on lounging in North and then heading to South to get through security again and go straight to your boarding gate?

(You cannot do what you propose. If, somehow, you managed to get airside at the North Terminal, you would need to seek assistance in order to get back landside again in order to board the train to get back to the South Terminal)
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
meaning you would like to pay twice, to access lounges in both the North and South terminal,
I was under the impression that PP allows unlimited access to all lounges? Or are you talking about some type of fee to enter the N & S Terminals?

or were you planning on lounging in North and then heading to South to get through security again and go straight to your boarding gate?
Not sure I was planning on anything since I've never been to Gatwick (or Europe) before. But I was hoping it would be something similar to LAX.

I'll give you an example, I'm from LAX, US. Here, with a boarding pass from any terminal, you can have access to any lounge in any terminal. And with the PP you can visit as many lounges as you want. So, if you have hours to kill, you can just go around and check out the different lounges. Each lounge offers different types of food. So, I was wondering if it's similar at Gatwick, hence I thought I would ask on this forum to see if anybody knew.

(You cannot do what you propose. If, somehow, you managed to get airside at the North Terminal, you would need to seek assistance in order to get back landside again in order to board the train to get back to the South Terminal)
ok, not really sure what you mean by airside and landside but ok, I guess that is the answer I was looking for.

Last edited by travelbarefeet; Feb 29, 2016 at 10:40 am
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
No access to North. However the new No.1 Lounge/Club Rooms in South Terminal are very nice I was in them last week.
That looks nice. Now are you familiar with the PP? It seems that you can only check in 3 hrs before you flight and also you're limited to one small free hot meal per person?

Also, I've heard that it gets really busy and people get turned away?

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.