Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great Seats, Terrible Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:33 am

I took it that he was flying J but feels that he got service typical of Y.

I've personally had very good experiences with IB crews (several TATL trips each year, although mostly in Y, and, until recently, about 40 short-haul segments each year), but I suppose I am a low-maintenance kind of passenger. In IB I have had good experiences in general with crews and telephone customer services, but much more irregular with ground staff.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Persistently demanding to be served a drink especially so soon after boarding just gives me the impression they were expecting to receive a premium service in Y.
Was I wrong to request a drink earlier than 2 hours into the flight in biz class? I'm flying home the same way again soon. In case it makes any difference, there is no first class on these flights, just coach and biz.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I've only done four IB flights in the last year (ZAG-MAD-ORD and ZAG-MAD-MIA--all in J) and the cabin crew has been great on all four segments. They have been friendly, gracious and service-oriented and the purser was very proactive and helpful, too. No problems in Madrid, either. I don't want to discount what happened to the OP but that hasn't been my experience on Iberia at all.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks
In case it makes any difference, there is no first class on these flights, just coach and biz.
There is no first class on any IB flights. They only have Business and Economy.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've had very good experiences with IB then again I was travelling in J not in Y like the OP.

Sounds to me as if it got off to a bad start on the ground which meant he boarded in a negative frame of mind. Persistently demanding to be served a drink especially so soon after boarding just gives me the impression they were expecting to receive a premium service in Y.
I was in business class as I clearly stated several times. Sounds like I'm describing coach, doesn't it?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks
Was I wrong to request a drink earlier than 2 hours into the flight in biz class? I'm flying home the same way again soon. In case it makes any difference, there is no first class on these flights, just coach and biz.
Sorry....I interpreted the ''for coach'' comment as meaning you were in Y.

Were you given a pre-departure drink?
The first thing IB crew do after departure is start preparing the serving of the post departure drink as soon as they are released from their seats. On all the J flights I've had this happens within the first hour and we always sit in the back row so get served last. No idea why it took them over two hours on this occasion.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Absolutely no pre-departure drink and no post-departure drink for a full 2 hours after boarding.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
IB is very similar to AA, UA, DL in terms of service.
You MAY have a good experience, you WILL PROBABLY not have it.
Unions maybe, FA´s can´t lose their job.
Treating you well does not make any difference to them.
They are tired, bored, and, in my opinion, they do not like what they do.
By the way, AA´s new business class is MUCH better than it was before....but onboard service has not changed.
Again, I´ve had SOME good experiences, but definitely not consistently.
Same in IB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.