Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

How to best contact IB's (unresponsive) customer relations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador

I've sent personal notes to senior people in charge of customer relations at IB and not one has had the professionalism to reply. Any suggestions on how to best contact IB's customer relations in regards to an ongoing problem?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
I've sent personal notes to senior people in charge of customer relations at IB and not one has had the professionalism to reply. Any suggestions on how to best contact IB's customer relations in regards to an ongoing problem?

My account was locked and I tried to contact Iberia in many ways, to help solve the issue. They didn't reply to a single email. They replied to tweets, but only to state that they had a high volume of emails (so it might take three or more weeks to reply!!!!!). In the end, whilst being in Spain, I hasten to add, I called the main office in Madrid, and they solved my issue. The woman on the phone was very professional, I'm just shocked that in this day and age, they can't reply to emails!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Sending notes to individuals just means that the notes get forwarded to the CRM database (and scanned in if need be). Adds to the time it takes.

It all depends on what happened and what you want. Flight cancelled and you need a refund, call? Didn't like the size of the dinner napkin, don't expect to hear back.

The idea of calling the main # in Madrid makes great sense, especially in the day of Skype.

Last edited by Often1; Apr 30, 2015 at 7:37 am Reason: Typo
Old May 1, 2015, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Often1
Sending notes to individuals just means that the notes get forwarded to the CRM database (and scanned in if need be). Adds to the time it takes.

It all depends on what happened and what you want. Flight cancelled and you need a refund, call? Didn't like the size of the dinner napkin, don't expect to hear back.

The idea of calling the main # in Madrid makes great sense, especially in the day of Skype.
Well who knows where it goes with Iberia...I doubt their CRM is robust because what's the use of having the data if you aren't going to actually serve your customers....

In my case this is about IB's Orly staff which is completely and utterly incompetent (unable to find tickets, demanding printouts in 2015, refusing to check bags through to another OneWorld flight, refusing OneWorld benefits where they apply...) It's really pathetic and a major inconvenience for me. Even Alitalia is more responsive.

My only thoughts at this point are a) blasting them on Twitter for all to see and/or 2) sharing with some of my favorite travel bloggers.

Calling Madrid might work too but that doesn't guarantee that I'll get a response... or the issue resolved for that matter.
Old May 3, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
... and if their CRM is anything like their 'Seat Reserving' systems - then forget about it! Its a lost cause.

Pick up the phone and call is always best. The amount you can resolve over the phone is quite remarkable - (when you speak courteously of course) and when they say 'No' or 'It's not possible' to something that quite clearly is a 'Yes' or 'Is possible' then be persistent - while still being courteous.

[RANT: ON]
I learnt last week that some issues i've been having the last year or so when booking a BA/IB mixed itinerary is that the seats i 'reserve' with IB always disappear from my booking within 24/48hrs of the booking being made - however on ExpertFlyer i clearly see the seats still being 'occupied' post me taking them. After persisting with their Supervisor...it finally turns out that IB have TWO.... yes TWO seat reservation systems. One is for bookings done online/codeshares/partner bookings and another is a 'legacy' system that is actually used for 'operational' purposes (i.e. by their Ops at both Airport / Flight Ops center). Its this system that 100% holds your specific seat regardless of what your online booking says or any other system says.

So currently on both my BA & IB 'Manage my booking' screens i have no assigned seats showing for my return journey - yet on the 'legacy' system (which is still operational -so not sure why its 'legacy') the seats i originally booked and are still showing 'occupied' (correctly) on ExpertFlyer are indeed on my booking - i just can't see it and neither can their customer service teams. Although now their 'Flight Ops' have actually added notes to the booking informing them of where they can indeed see my seats.

Sorry for the rant but i feel people get taken for granted when they are sometimes told 'sorry there is nothing we can do' - when clearly there is.
[RANT: OFF]

Out of curiosity - has anyone else had similar problems with Seat Assignments?
Old May 18, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: American, BA, NWA, United, US Air
Yes, I also have issues with Iberia CS, now going on for 4 mos.
I shall try FAX: (+34)91-374-27-07. Who know, this might work.
T: (+34) 901-201-241 Telephoning in Spanish brings more results, I hear.
Good luck.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hakluyt
Yes, I also have issues with Iberia CS, now going on for 4 mos.
I shall try FAX: (+34)91-374-27-07. Who know, this might work.
T: (+34) 901-201-241 Telephoning in Spanish brings more results, I hear.
Good luck.
I'll try there but honestly I have found them to be incredibly unprofessional. I wrote directly to the Director of Customer Experience, the head of Iberia France and Customer Relations itself and NOT ONE of them had the courtesy of a response.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:34 am

They've blocked my account with 0 points (probably because of lack of use) and now they want me to send my DL or Passport and the whole form to them to unblock it.
I have lots of Avios (in BA) just trying to test some award routes, wouldn't be easier to open another Iberia plus account?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by avagyan
I have lots of Avios (in BA) just trying to test some award routes, wouldn't be easier to open another Iberia plus account?
Absolutely. Makes no sense to jump any hoops with a zero-balance account
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Absolutely. Makes no sense to jump any hoops with a zero-balance account
Login to the 'old' account. Change the ID / passport number to something random. Similarly change the email to something random. Repeat for all other data. I tihnk the only things you can't change are the name and DOB.

Then create a new account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.