Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Avios price for redemption same with BA and IB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hi guys,

Currently I am unable to transfer Avios from BA to IB (hopefully this will change soon, as their availability is different), however I was wondering if the amount of Avios needed are the same at IB as they are at BA?

I think they are, but I have been unable to find a definite answer.

Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT
They can be quite a bit different, especially for Iberia flights under the new IB+ Avios scheme set to begin on 1 April. What routes are you looking at specifically?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Mostly MAD-LHR or further

Is there like a page or something where they give actual prices? I know BA has it for it's european flights (like some kind of table)
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by AlmostBritish
Mostly MAD-LHR or further

Is there like a page or something where they give actual prices? I know BA has it for it's european flights (like some kind of table)
http://www.ibp2015.com/Avios-y-puntos-elite_en.pdf

Note that MAD-LHR is a separate category, presumably to maintain metal neutrality.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by linglingfool
http://www.ibp2015.com/Avios-y-puntos-elite_en.pdf

Note that MAD-LHR is a separate category, presumably to maintain metal neutrality.
BAEC have Reward Flight Saver and IB+ don't. IIRC that means that LHR-MAD is cheaper with BAEC and MAD-LHR is slightly cheaper with IB+, should you choose to book as 1-ways.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Also remember that without free connections that IB express goes to LGW, MAN (starting later this year), and EDI which can be a big help.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the information, and my apologies for the late reply. This makes it a lot easier to have an idea how much something will cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.