Wiki Posts
Search

IB+ Gold Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: All Expired... :-(
IB+ Gold Seat Selection

Last week I finally completed my 50th flight to make IB+ Gold, and I now have my shiny new card.

I thought that this would allow me to chose my seats for free on a basic fare (the only perks I really care about, while VIP security is nice, it's only at Madrid/Barcelona and I never spend long enough in an airport to care about the lounge). I tried to go into my existing booking to choose a seat, but it till tries to charge me €10 for a seat.

Then I tried to do a dummy booking to see if I could select a seat on a new booking, but they seem to have changed the booking process so you can chose a seat only after you have paid or the flight.

I also tried removing and adding my IB+ number to the booking via the Finair page. Still nothing.

How does this work? Do you have to call up to get the free seat selection? Or was this perk removed from basic fares?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:34 am
Original Poster

It tries to charge me for a seat on a new basic booking too.

Now that the classic fare comes with free seat selection (regardless of status), and the basic one doesn't, if an IB+ Gold can't chose their seat on a basic fare, it means that this perk is a lie?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Turns out I was just a bit too impatient, my account was already showing my status as Oro since last night, but they had to update something else to allow seat selection. It's now all working.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
If we can't depend on Iberia IT to be undependable, what can we depend on?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Well exactly. I didn't want to call them yet, I wasn't looking forward to waiting on the phone for a long time to talk to someone who wouldn't know what I was on about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.