Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Iberia awards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Question about Iberia awards

Hi all,

I'm trying to book a flight from FCO to ZTH (Zakynthos, GR) using Avios. I know the flight exists because I can buy a ticket but when I go to type it into the award search engine it won't recognize ZTH as a valid destination. It is an Iberia code share with Vueling so maybe that's not eligible to be booked with Avios? Do I need to call in to book this flight or am I out of luck?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

PS I also tried on BA and had the same problem.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The Iberia website is a mess. If you type in the city name it often won't recognise it. You have to select the airport from the dropdown lists. Zakynthos is listed as an option. I had no problem getting Rome to Zakynthos to show up on iberia.com.

That said, Vueling flights are usually horrible value with Avios. Non-refundable and well below 1 euro cent per mile of value.

P.S. BA don't do Vueling awards unless it's one of the few flights that BA codeshare on.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

@craigthemif

Thank you for your response. I agree that Iberia's site is laughable in functionality. You mention a drop down list but I cannot seem to find it when I go to book using AVIOS. If I'm trying to book a revenue ticket Zakynthos DOES appear but not when trying to book an award. When I click on the magnify glass next to the destination and click on the Europe tab Zakynthos is not offered as a destination. If I'm missing something please let me know. I am using the US version of the site also as I do not speak Spanish, could this be the reason?

Thanks again.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:06 pm

Maybe it is because of the English version. I can find that destination on the awards search either by typing "ZTH" or by typing its Spanish name (Zacinto). However, I haven't found any direct flights with avios (and Vueling redemptions are usually poor value, unless you have more avios than you can spend).
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:06 am
Original Poster

It was indeed the English version. I switched it to Spanish and it appeared but as you mention, the flight I was looking for wasn't there. Oh well, I'll find a different way I guess. Thanks for the help everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.