Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

12,000 Avios with an Economist subscription via Iberia Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Hi All,
New to FT so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place or if it's already covered elsewhere on the site. (searched threads and couldn't see any mention)

Back in December I saw an article on headforpoints for this deal but is was pulled early and I missed it. It seems like the deal is still live via this link I found on shrewdtraveller.co.uk and I thought I would post here as it may benefit someone.

You can get 12,000 IB avios points for signing up to an economist 12 month subscription. It states in their t&c's that you can cancel within the first 4 weeks and receive a full refund, however it does also state " You will not receive a full refund for all un-served issues. " so kind of confusing however comments on the headforpoints post seem to suggest that most people have been able to cancel without any problem.

Link:https://subscriptions.economist.com/...ndex.php#step1

here's the article: http://shrewdtraveller.co.uk/2014/12...a-iberia-plus/

headforpoints article:http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/11...ria-economist/
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:48 pm

Thanks so much!

I just signed up with a Canadian address...
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alexteacher
Thanks so much!

I just signed up with a Canadian address...
no probs, could you let me know when your points post?
cheers
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by AceofClubs
no probs, could you let me know when your points post?
cheers
Definitely, will do. ^
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:46 am
tsz

In as well! Will update when points post. (looks like the offer expire 1/31/15)
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Tinder Plus
The terms and conditions were changed on January 16th. If you ordered before that date, you will receive your refund. If there is any push back from the magazine, push back yourself. You are due your money.
If you applied on or after January 16th, you are now bound by these rules:
Cancellation
Unless specifically stated in any Subscription offer or promotion when you place your Subscription order, you have the right to cancel your Subscription at any time. Please note that if your Subscription includes a digital element, by placing your order you agree that we may start your Digital Subscription immediately and you acknowledge that you will lose your right to a refund in relation to any issues that have been published before you cancelled.
If you exercise your right to cancel, unless the terms of any Subscription offer or promotion state otherwise, we will reimburse all payments received from you, less a pro-rated amount for each issue delivered (if your Subscription contains a print element) or published (if your Subscription is a Digital Subscription only) before you cancelled.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bartas8891
The terms and conditions were changed on January 16th. If you ordered before that date, you will receive your refund. If there is any push back from the magazine, push back yourself. You are due your money.
If you applied on or after January 16th, you are now bound by these rules:
Cancellation
Unless specifically stated in any Subscription offer or promotion when you place your Subscription order, you have the right to cancel your Subscription at any time. Please note that if your Subscription includes a digital element, by placing your order you agree that we may start your Digital Subscription immediately and you acknowledge that you will lose your right to a refund in relation to any issues that have been published before you cancelled.
If you exercise your right to cancel, unless the terms of any Subscription offer or promotion state otherwise, we will reimburse all payments received from you, less a pro-rated amount for each issue delivered (if your Subscription contains a print element) or published (if your Subscription is a Digital Subscription only) before you cancelled.
Yes, Raffles updated his article to reflect this. Luckily I ordered on the 13th. Still no sign of points, but does state it takes 4-6 weeks for them to post on your account.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:40 pm

Signed up early Jan, at the 6 week point now and still no sign of the Avios.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Nothing here for my late January sign up either
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:23 pm
tsz

Signed up 1/23...nothing here either.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:15 am
Original Poster

I'm at week 5 and still no sign either. If you have waited the full 6 weeks and they still haven't credited I would ping them (economist) an email.

If you get a response please let us know.

(i'm going to email them next week if still waiting)
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: Tinder Plus
I have been waiting for4 weeks now and still nothing...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Wheres the points?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:28 pm

I haven't gotten any points yet either.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Update: My points have just posted! I sent an email on Thursday morning and the points appear to have posted sometime in between then and today. However I haven't had an official reply from them yet, but I'm guessing this movement was due to the email I sent. (?)

Last edited by AceofClubs; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.