Wiki Posts
Search

vueling in front of lawyers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:36 am
Original Poster

vueling in front of lawyers

Hello,

I am really annoyed by Vueling. They lost my luggage and they are still not willing to give me compensation so I would like to take this up to an attorney. I heard about the No Win No Fee program, does anybody this for this issue? Or can I take this higher?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:27 am
jxd

4 hours delay on vueling, no compensation given as well.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...pensation.html

try refund.me , they are able to help me(they take 25% of the monetary award if we win the case)
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Never used it, but there is also this one http://www.flightright.es/
Good luck
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by jxd
4 hours delay on vueling, no compensation given as well.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...pensation.html

try refund.me , they are able to help me(they take 25% of the monetary award if we win the case)
Becareful: there are some threads on here that suggest refund.me are hard to get money from, even if they get it from the airline.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Guys, all the links you gave me are for delayed flight. As I said, it is for a luggage issue...
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If this was an international flight you are entitled to compensation under the Montreal Convention.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:20 am
Original Poster

It was an European flight and I know the company should follow the convention but how do I make them doing it?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Please post the details. What was the ticketed itinerary, to/from/connections> One ticket, multiple tickets? When did all of this occur?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by titerousse
It was an European flight and I know the company should follow the convention but how do I make them doing it?
To answer this I need to know the following, viz—

Which country do you live in?
Where did you buy the ticket?
What was the origin and destination of the flight?
When was your flight?
Do you have a Property Irregularity Report? (This is a printed document you would have received this at the airport before you left the baggage claim area, containing your baggage reference.)
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Calchas
If this was an international flight you are entitled to compensation under the Montreal Convention.
I'm not sure why people think that the Montreal Convention helps passengers. All it does, in this case, is limit the maximum compensation to roughly US$1,600 or its equivalent in other key currencies. Thus, all downsides for the passenger. Lose a bag worth $100 and you get $100. Lose a bag worth $1,600 and you get $1,600. Lose a bag worth $3,000 and you get $1,600.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
I'm not sure why people think that the Montreal Convention helps passengers. All it does, in this case, is limit the maximum compensation to roughly US$1,600 or its equivalent in other key currencies. Thus, all downsides for the passenger. Lose a bag worth $100 and you get $100. Lose a bag worth $1,600 and you get $1,600. Lose a bag worth $3,000 and you get $1,600.
Luggage over that quantum of value should be declared anyway, for everyone's benefit. I don't see the problem in the limitation.

The main advantage is the flat, (near) universal application of simple principles; the strict liability of the operating carrier after 21 days, the fact action can be taken against a sales office in one's own country, where one is familiar with the law, and the fact that it prevents airlines in less scrupulous jurisdictions contracting out their obligations or relying on some local quirk of law to evade them.

I agree it's not perfect but it's certainly better than a mismash of different policies.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
This is a rather strange statement. Whatever one thinks of the Montreal Convention, and whether one regards it as a good thing or a bad thing, the fact remains that it is the instrument that defines the liability of carriers in most international journeys by air. It is not as if one can ignore it if one does like it. It constitutes the applicable law and, to that extent, Calchas is correct to state that entitlement to compensation is as per the Convention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.