Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia PLUS new Terms and Conditions; What have changed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Just received an email about the changes of Terms and Conditions in Iberia PLUS programme. Not knowing the programme very well, I wonder what is the major change for 1st January 2015? The new T & C is here:

[QUOTE/] IBERIA PLUS NEW T&C [/QUOTE]

As far as I can see there are something seems unusual (since I don't know the old T&C):

1>, Vueling is not considered as Iberia Group any more (or maybe not before neither?) IB intentionally highlight what is Iberia Group flight
2>, No retro claim for Vueling flight
3>, Avios redemption for Vueling only applies to IB codeshare...
4>, Avios earning and redemption activity for Avios validity does not including Avios transfers to BA...(have I got this right?)

Anyone have better understand of this programme please kindly make your comments. Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
As far as i know the rule has not changed regarding retroclaiming of avios from Vueling. The passenger needs to supply the IB+ number at purchasing and points can't be allocated later, not even at check-in.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by chongcao
Just received an email about the changes of Terms and Conditions in Iberia PLUS programme. Not knowing the programme very well, I wonder what is the major change for 1st January 2015? The new T & C is here:

[QUOTE/] IBERIA PLUS NEW T&C
As far as I can see there are something seems unusual (since I don't know the old T&C):

1>, Vueling is not considered as Iberia Group any more (or maybe not before neither?) IB intentionally highlight what is Iberia Group flight
2>, No retro claim for Vueling flight
3>, Avios redemption for Vueling only applies to IB codeshare...
4>, Avios earning and redemption activity for Avios validity does not including Avios transfers to BA...(have I got this right?)

Anyone have better understand of this programme please kindly make your comments. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I have not received any mails up to now.

From the new conditions I understand point nr. 4 as you say.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:01 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
I got the email last night. It seems very sneaky and/or sloppy of them not to highlight what has changed.

The rules for Vueling flights are the same as before. Does anyone have any idea what else has changed?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:22 am

The new conditions are here:
http://www.iberia.com/ibcomv3/conten...plus-nov14.pdf

The old conditions are here:
http://www.iberia.com/es/iberiaplus/...s/?language=en

Last edited by Cerebrito; Nov 6, 2014 at 1:23 am Reason: Remove random newline
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:44 am

Apart from some very minor language changes, and the addition of numbers to clauses, I can't see any real differences.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Apart from some very minor language changes, and the addition of numbers to clauses, I can't see any real differences.
Thanks! But IB makes it sounds so serious that one can cancel his membership if they are not happy about the changes...
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
Thanks! But IB makes it sounds so serious that one can cancel his membership if they are not happy about the changes...
I think it's to comply with the spanish data protection act... But no real changes on the program I've found.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.