Iberia New J photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:01 am
Ambassador: LATAM
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Iberia New J photos

Hey folks

Couldn't see many pics of IB New J online when I was booking so I took some and will post them with brief annotations

The weclome screen, I had seat 5L

Pax settling in, gives an idea of the density

The gap between the armrest and the seat in front, I guess you have about 20cms to get in and out

A couple of stowage spaces and the touch screen remote

And another space at the side of the seat

And yet another in the footwell

Mr 5H having a stretch out on the tarmac

This is where the table tray lives when not in use

Pretty nice moving map system

Full series of Big Bang Theory kept me busy for most of the flight

Noise cancelling headphones actually very good and comfy

Pre-departure cava on the side console

Hang your jacket up, obscure your view a bit

Really skinny but unusually comfy armrest on the window side of the seat

The touch screen remote

Take off mood lighting

Flight map in action

Space to wedge your boots but I wondered why they didn't make the ottoman 15cm wider

More coming in the next post

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Oct 23, 2014 at 10:18 am
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Food and drinks coming up, I suspect it was a bit crappy because it was out of BOG, I am certainly expecting it to be less horrible on the way back from MAD

Starts with nuts, wine and some Spanish olives

A nice touch, the table swivels around so you can get out of your seat without having your meal service cleared

The food was bleurgh! From left to right, a green and red grape with a couple of wedges of cheese, broth that didn't taste of anything, that brown roll is a Colombian bread called mogolla. It came around in a bread basket but everything was the stuff that costs 300 pesos from my local bakery, all full of egg and sugar, like mini cakes. The CSD apologised for the low quality. Came with an olive oil and balsamic dressing.

Those two langoustines not particularly good either, salad was OK

The flight comes with wifi across the ocean and J pax get a coupon for 4MB free. Took me a few goes to connect and out of curiosity, I wondered where Facebook would check me in if I was over the middle of the Atlantic. The answer was Barajas, and that endeavour used up my 4MB

Main course tortiglioni with spinach and ricotta served in a flavourless green sauce. I am sure the tortiglioni in Y is identical but not in a nice bowl

No idea what this was, so let's call it "What IB thinks they can pass off as a desert in a premium cabin"

Cup of coffee and a glass of sherry on the side console afterwards

Note you move your seat forwards 15cm and you are blocked in, you can only get in and out when the seat is upright

Empty coffee cup swapped for a bottle of water whilst I was not looking

I wondered if the seat was cramped or private, then when I rolled over and broke the window shade with my elbow I thought "OK then, that'll be cramped"

Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

The main screen is touch sensitive also but badly so. It has its sensitivity all messed up so scrolling through the music section, I could not get past Fito y Fitipaldis as my finger kept selecting it. When you press "back" it does not go back to where you were in the music list, it goes all the way back to the home screen of the entire system. Tried to get further on about 5 times then gave up

It's not obvious at all how to actually turn the screen off, so nobody did

Touch screen handset was easier to use, and shows your selection independent of the main screen

Finally worked out how to turn off the IFE just before breakfast

Breakfast was just cheap. Two slices of sliced bread lightly toasted and cold, an omelette which was OK, and one half of one chicken hot dog sliced in two. At the back there is a glass of orange juice and a pot of strawberry flavoured diabetes.

There was no butter for the toast, just a little bottle of olive oil, do people have olive oil on toast? There was no jam

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Oct 23, 2014 at 10:36 am
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for the pictures the seat looks good to me. ^

Yes I see what you mean about the food...not great at all and doesn't match my IB experience. Let's hope it was just a one off and doesn't mean they have started to cut back on the quality.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Great Pics -- thanks! I do also wonder why the ottoman was not made wider as I don't consider boot storage to be a important as legroom! Curious that.
I'm just happy to have the 1-2-1 so I don't have to crawl over anyone and vice versa. For me this is the main selling point of the new config.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks very much for the report and good photos JohnnyColombia.

Indeed the food look very poor but in general I have had good food in IB. As other colleague mentioned, let´s hope it is a one off.

I like very much the privacy of the seat for traveling solo.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:44 pm

Thanks for pics. Im liking the new seats ^
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Such a pity that even after several decades, IB still doesn't know to provide decent meals in J, something that it is beyond unacceptable considering how delicious food is throughout Spain. Then again, I have very little expectations for IB... even when they had international F, called "Gran Clase," the soft product was pretty bad.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I travelled to Miami in September in J and was sitting in 2A but found it a little claustrophobic but fortunately was able to swap to 1B. Found that much better and a great service. Food from Madrid was great and the crew and product overall was very good.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
There was no butter for the toast, just a little bottle of olive oil, do people have olive oil on toast? There was no jam
Yes. Olive oil on toast is VERY popular.
(And for on top of that, pureed tomatoes is far more popular than jam.)

Once I tried them both I approved. Different to spreads and jams, but just as nice.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by David-A
Yes. Olive oil on toast is VERY popular.
(And for on top of that, pureed tomatoes is far more popular than jam.)

Once I tried them both I approved. Different to spreads and jams, but just as nice.
and healthier!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Thanks for the mini report. IB uses the same seats of Alitalia, which are quite comfortable IMO.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:37 am

What CAN you do with 4MB? Whatsapp and some emails are all that I can think of.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Great seat and thanks for sharing.

I congratulate you on the constant supply of cava and the cool jacket.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KIXJNB

I congratulate you on the constant supply of cava and the cool jacket.
Agree about the jacket plus I'd like a pair of those boots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.