Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia- lost luggage and no one answers the phone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia- lost luggage and no one answers the phone

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Question Iberia- lost luggage and no one answers the phone

My daughter travelled on Friday 29/8/14 Newcastle BA to LHR, the LHR Iberia to Madrid. As she is starting a four year degree and needed to travel with everything but the kitchen sink, to Salamanca, I managed to find a reasonable deal in Club class travelling out, in order to get 2 checked in bags ( she is coming back economy!).

She had about 1 hour 45 connection in LHR. On arrival in Madrid BA ( whom we had made the whole booking online with), sent a text saying her bags hadn't made the flight, and informed her, they would be on a later flight.

She considered hanging around at the airport for the flight, which was a few hours later, but as she had booked her bus seat to Salamanca, and her landlord had arranged to meet her at the flat she was going to rnet, and she was unable to get hold of him, to change the time to many hours later, she had the PIR form filled out by Iberia staff. Was given two contact numbers ( neither have ever worked, you ring, wait in a queue for half an hour, then an answer machine cuts you off). There is no email address. The other Iberia reservation numbers are not interested in helping, or transferring you. We learned from BA that Saturday morning the 30/8 at 9.30am the Iberia courier had received the bags. She looked at the luggage trace, they had put one digit wrong of her phone number, and one digit wrong for her email. She sent through the correct ones, and the front trace form was updated, the underneath form ( online has the incorrect data still, does this matter? Who are these other bits for, the courier?). We are now on Wednesday 3/9, and no one has contacted her by any means. She can't contact them. Her landlord lent her sheets and a towel. She has bought a few toiletries, and two changes of clothes. She had all her electronics in her cabin luggage.

Her lessons have started, and generally she and her flat mates are out all morning, and large parts of the afternoon now. I have suggested she put a sign inside the main security front door, so that if the courier does arrive he can at least call her. He can't get in after all. Does he still have the incorrect phone and email addresses, did anyone update him that these numbers were wrong? It's anyone's guesse.

Has anyone got an operable phone number, email address anything?

Who is in charge at Iberia.

How is an airline allowed to operate with no phone services working and therefore no aftercare. How is Iberia not bankrupt!

It is my daughters Birthday tomorrow, and she is in an Unfamiliar country, without hardly any of her belongings. She has been incredible through all of this but we have tried looking into every avenue.

I worked for an International airline formerly ( not Iberia), and I cannot believe the lack of any kind of support.

They have the audacity to say Customer service is important to them. That's a joke. Having read so many threads, the phones not working seems to be a constant complaint, and there is nothing anyone can do to find out what is happening.

Any ideas anyone please.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Since this post is specific to IB, it has been moved to the dedicated Iberia Airlines forum for assistance.

Good luck!

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
If you have the courrier company and trace, have you tried calling them directly? I believe they have used SEUR for me in the past. If she is less than fluent in Spanish, it might be worth having a friend call to avoid language issues.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:57 pm

I'd prob have her take a train or bus back to the MAD airport to go to the Iberia lost luggage office. I know that's a pain and she shouldn't have to do it... but at least there you can speak to someone and have them track down the luggage. and its only 2+ hours away it appears...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cool1g
I'd prob have her take a train or bus back to the MAD airport to go to the Iberia lost luggage office. I know that's a pain and she shouldn't have to do it... but at least there you can speak to someone and have them track down the luggage. and its only 2+ hours away it appears...
Hope you got this solved!! I am afraid that, even in person, Iberia service can often be lacking or completely indifferent. Trying to trace luggage by telephone is just about impossible.

I would agree that returning to Madrid and trying to stay on top of this until it is solved is the best solution.

Can you let us know how this turned out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.