Wiki Posts
Search

Avios from Accor - 300% bonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Avios from Accor - 300% bonus

Has anyone tried to transfer LeClub points to Avios lately?
I just received an offer for 300% bonus until 15.12.2013. On Iberia's site it says transfer 3000 LeClub points get 7500 avios, which does not match 300% bonus though. And I've seen reports about points not posting to Iberia (e-rewards and Hilton), so unless someone reports he got points recently I wouldn't bother.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You should also be able to get triple avios for converting to the UK Avios shopping portal.

https://s-leclub.accorhotels.com/red...=promo&lang=en

Saves the aggro of Iberia Plus, although you wouldn't pick up a partner for the 10 partner promo...
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks, avios is much better.
Would this apply if I convert points without a stay? Seems it would not.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Thanks, avios is much better.
Would this apply if I convert points without a stay? Seems it would not.
Haven't tested it myself, but since Accor makes it so difficult to automatically convert points to miles for each individual stay, I can't imagine that it wouldn't work for a normal conversion of whatever points you've built up.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:22 am

YES I DID. I only got 4500 AVIOS for my 3000 Le Club points!!!!

I am trying to contact IBERIA, but it is almost impossible to reach them! Forget the telephone, you can try the online form, but it is very complicated and you cannot attach documents!

Anyone els had experience with this promotion??

---------------------------------------

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Has anyone tried to transfer LeClub points to Avios lately?
I just received an offer for 300% bonus until 15.12.2013. On Iberia's site it says transfer 3000 LeClub points get 7500 avios, which does not match 300% bonus though. And I've seen reports about points not posting to Iberia (e-rewards and Hilton), so unless someone reports he got points recently I wouldn't bother.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:23 am

Crazy!

I am trying to contact IBERIA, but it is almost impossible to reach them! Forget the telephone, you can try the online form, but it is very complicated and you cannot attach documents!

Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:40 am

I did transfer a couple of days ago so still waiting for them to post on my IB Plus account.

Did they set the right date of accrual or just set the date to the day they were posted to your IB Plus account?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Rusek

---------------------------------------
That is correct. You get 1 Avios for every 2 Le Club Accorhotels points. During this promotions you get 3 Avios for every 2 Le Club Accorhotels points.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Well, it says 300% bonus, so totally 400% (6000 Avios) in my book. But that's Iberia after all.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You should also be able to get triple avios for converting to the UK Avios shopping portal.

Saves the aggro of Iberia Plus, although you wouldn't pick up a partner for the 10 partner promo...
Was anybody able to transfer to Avios? When I select Avios from the menu the "number of points" field stays empty and I cannot confirm the transaction. Only with Iberia plus I can choose 3000 points. Has anybody transferred to anything else than Iberia plus successfully?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif

Well, did the transfer to Avios.com and got only 1500 avios for 3000 points. Oh well. Will the bonus arrive later perhaps?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Thumbs down

Accor advertised a promotion to convert at double points to Iberia back in September. After chasing Iberia and Accor both parties blamed each other. Out of three transactions Accor finally said it was due to one rate being a promotional rate - even though it wasn't and there was no mention of it being a promotional rate.

I would be very careful in trusting any deal promoted by Accor and Iberia as they do not want to even discuss the issue.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:16 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
I also got 4500 Avios for 3000 Accor points. I hoped to get 22500 Avios. I wrote complaint to Iberia with copies with this promotion about month ago but still no reply. I am thinking to make official complaint to Spanish Consumer Protection Board to get that missing 18000 Avios or at-least to get 7500 Avios for 3000 Accor points.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by R7U
I also got 4500 Avios for 3000 Accor points. I hoped to get 22500 Avios. I wrote complaint to Iberia with copies with this promotion about month ago but still no reply. I am thinking to make official complaint to Spanish Consumer Protection Board to get that missing 18000 Avios or at-least to get 7500 Avios for 3000 Accor points.
Why would you expect 22500? I can sort of understand a 300% bonus being interpreted as 6000 Avios for 3000 Accor, but the conversion rate of Accor to Iberia changed a long time ago, irrespective of what the IB website says.

Good luck with whatever protection board you think exists... All businesses in Spain should have official complaint forms for consumers to complain - every time I've filled one in I can only assume that they went into the bin (or into a bureaucratic mess, which is about the same thing in Spain) since I've heard nothing further.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:41 am
Original Poster

I read the T&C and it is not 300% bonus, it is 3 times the usual amount, bad wording here. So it is 4500 avios for 3000 points. I got only 1500, but it was a transfer, not a stay, so won't bother chasing (or doing it again!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.