Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

IB coded flight on Vueling via Avios - pre-assigned seating?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry

Does anyone know it it is possible to get seats assigned in advance for an IB award ticket on a code shared VY flight? If it's possible please describe what pagan sacrifices must be made to accomplish this minor miracle.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 4:15 am

A few days ago I read something about this, but can't find the thread anymore. (Maybe it wasn't on FT...)

If I remember well, the advice was to call - after your booking - the web support number (not reservations) and ask for your Vueling reservation code (assigned in the background apparently). That should allow you to access your reservation on the Vueling website and choose a seat.
(Just to be clear: I have not tried this myself.)
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:29 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by Koby
A few days ago I read something about this, but can't find the thread anymore. (Maybe it wasn't on FT...)

If I remember well, the advice was to call - after your booking - the web support number (not reservations) and ask for your Vueling reservation code (assigned in the background apparently). That should allow you to access your reservation on the Vueling website and choose a seat.
(Just to be clear: I have not tried this myself.)
Hi have had a similar problem, booked an IB coded flight LHR/PMI on Iberia website as they offer free luggage and then tried to book seats which apparently you cannot do if you book on Iberia. Iberia did give me the vueling locator but it doesn't work on the Vueling website and just tells me my email address is wrong. a bit of a nightmare. hopefully if IAG buy them it will be easier in future
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by fdemoulin
Hi have had a similar problem, booked an IB coded flight LHR/PMI on Iberia website as they offer free luggage and then tried to book seats which apparently you cannot do if you book on Iberia. Iberia did give me the vueling locator but it doesn't work on the Vueling website and just tells me my email address is wrong. a bit of a nightmare. hopefully if IAG buy them it will be easier in future
Well, as I said: I haven't tried it myself...

If the free luggage is your only reason to book on the IB website, you could book on Vueling as well. If you choose the Tarifa Optima your luggage (and seat selection) is included. And the price is about what you get on the IB website.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, I'll try reaching IB to get a VY locator and see if the gods are smiling on this pagan.

As background, wife and I are doing a ow BCN-MXP in early August so we did an Avios award on IB for the flight & to get free bags. Would love to lock in some seats and avoid the scrum.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by JMN57
Would love to lock in some seats and avoid the scrum.
There won't be a scrum, you'll get seats assigned at check-in in any case. (No free seating.) But it's of course nicer to be able to choose them...
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Update. called to get VY record locator a month in advance but VY site wouldn't accept it. today (day before flight), tried to check-in with Iberia and was forwarded to VY site & record locator for VY was shown. able to purchase exit row seats and check-in for flight.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
I went through the same thing trying to get a seat assignment on a Vueling flight booked with Avios. The Iberia call center could see it but couldn't touch it. They gave me the VY locator, but the Vueling website wouldn't recognize it because it demanded an associated email address. I even created a Vueling account, but no luck.

However, I downloaded the Vueling iPhone app and logged in and was able to see the booking. All the app needs is the locator and origin airport. I then saw that my BF and I had been assigned seats in the same row, but not together. I was able to change my seat to sit next to him and the app shows the update. The website still shows no pending bookings.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:57 am
Original Member

Hello all
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I have an IB coded Vueling flight and am trying to pay for the exit row but having no luck when I go to manage my booking on the Vueling website. I suspect it’s because it’s an IB ticket. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.