Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delivery dates for the new A330

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:13 pm

This is the first seat map I've seen for these new planes so thanks for posting!

I just booked ORD-ROM (go through Madrid) and I have seats A2 & C3 (not going until July). When I found out my seats assignments just from the numbers and letters I called and said "looks like we are seperated, can my wife and I be put closer to together?" I didn't see this post until now either...

But the AA rep said these are indeed next to each other in a weird way and I if I turned to my right, she would be right there. I'm not sure if the middle pairs are open or not and figure my seats would be close enough to talk from the pictures in another link above.

Looking forward to it!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by slider34
But the AA rep said these are indeed next to each other in a weird way
If the set up is similar to the Alitalia set up in the link I posted in the prior post, I think you've been given not-so-great advice.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
If the set up is similar to the Alitalia set up in the link I posted in the prior post, I think you've been given not-so-great advice.
You could be right, but I thought I saw where they were according to the seat map and the seats in that section look pretty close to each other.

Hopefully a solid seat map is out soon so I can either change or stick where I'm at.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:37 pm

You could be right, but I thought I saw where they were according to the seat map and the seats in that section look pretty close to each other.

Hopefully a solid seat map is out soon so I can either change or stick where I'm at.
There is a seat map in post 7. That's the seat map -- it's the map I pull up on Iberia.com on my flight in a 333. If you want a good sense of what an A and C (or J and L) seat pairing will look like in back to back rows, I think the best pictures are in the thread linked here about the Sogerma seats. This is the best picture: http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/563...resolsyts3.jpg
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Airlineroute published today the A330 Operation.
ORD,MIA,JFK,BOS and LAD

GBM
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:25 am

Ikar, thanks for pointing out my flaws! I called AA back for this and another changed and the new rep agreed with you/me so I'm now booked in 3E and my wife in 3G, right next to each other.

So that's good AND bad. Again, thanks for letting me know my seat selection might not be ideal.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:29 am

Ikar, thanks for pointing out my flaws! I called AA back for this and another changed and the new rep agreed with you/me so I'm now booked in 3E and my wife in 3G, right next to each other.

So that's good AND bad. Again, thanks for letting me know my seat selection might not be ideal.
:0). My work here is done. Can't have you and the missus miss each other's company for 10 hours!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, AA GLD, Hyatt PLT, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Starbucks Gold
Seat map for IB 6166 BOS-MAD is now available online. It's the map in post #7. Ironically, AA still didn't have access to it last night, and IB moved my seats on their own from 3J,3L to 1G,1E. How is row 1? I moved back to the middle of the biz cabin to row 5. Good move? We want to sit together on our honeymoon.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by ProfessAW
How is row 1?
Nobody knows yet. All we can do is guess based on other aircraft with similar seats in a similar configuration. Looking at Alitalia's business cabin on the same type of aircraft with the same seats, 1 looks fine. But who knows?

We wanted at least one window for 4 of us, so I went with 3E, 3G, 3J, and 2L. Hopefully, we'll be able to change if that was a bad decision once reports start to roll in.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Do we already have the schedule for the A330s for winter 2013/2014? Will they fly to MIA in Nov 2013?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:29 pm

Forgive if I missed it but will these new A330 airplanes include IFE in every seat?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by gordo6
Do we already have the schedule for the A330s for winter 2013/2014? Will they fly to MIA in Nov 2013?
According to the Madrid airport site, they'll start flying to MIA in March, 2013. I've seen them flying in the summer, as well, but not sure about the fall/winter period.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
According to the Madrid airport site, they'll start flying to MIA in March, 2013. I've seen them flying in the summer, as well, but not sure about the fall/winter period.
I know for sure that the A330 will fly to mia until at least 26 October. However, I don't know for afterwards. Did IB update the schedule for the A330 for W13 at all?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:17 am

We are flying the new 333 to Boston from Mad. Have you had your flight yet and are the middle seats next to each other? Were they open enough to converse with your companion?
thanks for info
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by scoobaboy
We are flying the new 333 to Boston from Mad. Have you had your flight yet and are the middle seats next to each other? Were they open enough to converse with your companion?
thanks for info
The first 333 flight is on 20 of February, so I'm pretty sure he hasn't travelled on them yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.