Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Best Route For Iberia Customer Service: Lost and Delayed Bag

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Hello all –

I tried searching this forum as I am sure someone has posted before, but was not able to find a good a route to escalate issues to Iberia. Anyone who know how I can escalate a lost baggage issue? (outside of the standard lost / damaged baggage process which doesn’t seem to be working!)

If you are interested in the background:

11/14: Flew From Boston to Casablanca via Madrid – two passengers, two checked bags

11/15: Arrived in Casablanca, no bags. Was told they would be on the 11AM flight the next morning. Rearranged our travel plans to make accommodations to go back to get bags.

11/16: Was notified bags were not on the flight, and would be arriving late in the evening. We decided to continue with our trip, we were assured the bags could be forwarded to Ouarzazate where we would meet up with them. Again rearranging our itinerary (our trip itinerary put us closer to Ouarzazete later in the week then Casablanca)

11/19: Went to the Ouarzazete airport after confirming with baggage service that one bag was there.. the other bag was not located. When we got to the airport, there were no bags. Our guide was furious and had a heated exchange with the airport personnel. He dropped us off at our hotel, and went back to the airport with a friend who he said knew people that worked at the airport. He returned to our hotel about an hour later with one of our suitcases. When we opened it – it had been completely rifled through – everything had been touched, every pocket turned inside out, every zipper unzipped (pockets of shaving kit etc) The luggage tag with our name and address on it which had been affixed to the handle on the outside was found tucked into a side pocket inside the suitcase. To top it off – everything inside was wet. Like, really wet – and we aren’t sure from what! The outside of the suitcase was bone dry, and it hadn’t rained in Casablanca, Ouarzete or Madrid… which is everywhere the bag supposedly was. Happy to have one suitcase, did the wash and left Ouarzazete for the rest of the trip.

At this point – I told Iberia to please just send the missing bag back to the city of origin since I no longer wanted to plan my trip around meeting up with my bag. (And one of the representatives I spoke with said they were not sure if it ever left Boston anyway.)

A couple days later (dates a jumble as I was on holiday! ) I got a call about delivering my bag to my address in Boston – so presumably it was at Logan airport. I explained that we were still traveling and that there was no where to leave the bag at our house and that I would pick it up at Logan when I flew in. I also checked with baggage services at Gatwick when I left to fly home and they confirmed the bag was sent from Heathrow to Logan on an 11/21 flight.

I landed 11/24 at Logan… no bag. I have called every day since then to inquire and the representatives just keep telling me they have a message into the Logan to contact me and I just have to wait. I know my bag is there!!!

Tomorrow makes three weeks my bag has been gone 
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Sorry - posted this in the wrong place. Trying to find the appropriate forum.

Sorry - posted this in the wrong place. Trying to find the appropriate forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.