Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia A321 seat map

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Question Iberia A321 seat map

There is some confusion about the seat map of the Iberia A321 aircraft.

The Iberia web site seat map is so small, it is unreadable.
SeatGuru and SeatMaestro both describe the plane as having 33 rows, with economy exit rows as 21 and 9 (if business class doesn't go that far back).
However, SeatPlans describes the plane as having 35 rows, with the economy exit row as 23 and 9 (if business class doesn't go that far back).

When I check-in on the Iberia web site and get a seat selection page, it claims the 35 rows and exit row 23.

Does anyone know which is correct?

I inclined to go with the seat map shown at online check-in time, but I would really like to know asap which is really right. (The flight is tomorrow.)

Thanks!!

Last edited by adzel; Jan 31, 2010 at 4:55 am Reason: fix typo
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I would believe the one at online checkin.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Take any of the exits , rows 9 or 23, business class configuration goes as far as row 12 so you'll have extra legroom.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Juliusgg
Take any of the exits , rows 9 or 23, business class configuration goes as far as row 12 so you'll have extra legroom.
No - the question is whether the exit row is actually 21 or 23???
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adzel
Since I've now taken the flight, I can now answer my own question. The seat map when I did online check-in was correct.

At least that A321 had the exit row in 23, rather than 21 as claimed by SeatGuru.

I don't know if this applies to all Iberia A321s, but at least one of them does have the exit row in row 23.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
Iberia Seatmap <> Seatguru Seatmap

How is Row 9 on the 321? Flying Paris (ORY) to Madrid and currently trying to decide between Row 8 and Row 9. Seatguru shows only Row 9 as Exit, but Iberia seatmap says both Row 8 and 9 are Exit. Also, Seatguru shows Row9 as Business class, but my ticketing was for Economy, but it let me select Row9 online. Maybe because I'm One World Emerald?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:13 am

The number of rows in Business is variable, they just move the curtain back and leave the middle seat empty.

Rows 9 and 23 are the ones with the most legroom, row 8 has a little extra legroom and only two seats on each side of the aisle (and in general the first rows of the plane have a little more legroom than the rows after 9).

Row 9 is the best, in row 8 you mostly have the disadvantages of an exit seat (such as no floor storage for takeoff and landing, no recline) without really any significant increase in legroom.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I presume row 9 has a window, but row 23 does not?
Old May 28, 2016, 11:50 pm

If I book business class but on that plane business class ends before row 9 (say at row 5), can I still select row 9A? That's the seat I want and I would feel silly if I paid more for business but couldn't select the better seat but just want to check anyway. This is for MAD-ORY in case it matters (no OW status). Thanks!
Old May 29, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by adzel
The emergency exit rows are 9 and 23.
Old May 29, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by GwailoSIN
If I book business class but on that plane business class ends before row 9 (say at row 5), can I still select row 9A? That's the seat I want and I would feel silly if I paid more for business but couldn't select the better seat but just want to check anyway. This is for MAD-ORY in case it matters (no OW status). Thanks!
If you're asking if you can sit in the economy cabin with a J ticket, I believe the answer is no.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
If you're asking if you can sit in the economy cabin with a J ticket, I believe the answer is no.
Thanks LupineChemist!
Old May 30, 2016, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GwailoSIN
Thanks LupineChemist!
You won't be allowed to select a seat in a cabin other than the one for which you hold a ticket.

Just like economy passengers cannot seat themselves in the business cabin, so will business passengers be prevented from taking seats in the economy cabin.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:55 am

Are there better or worse business class seats on an A321 between MAD & FCO? It doesn't appear business class extends beyond row 6.

We have 2AC at the moment.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by richarddd
Are there better or worse business class seats on an A321 between MAD & FCO? It doesn't appear business class extends beyond row 6.

We have 2AC at the moment.
The J cabin will extend to be as far back as it needs to be by moving the curtain.

Not really any difference aside from row 1 versus not row 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.