Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport- South - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver

Needed a room for an overnight layover and booked this hotel for one night. The horrible-ness started with a roundabout exercise in trying to get a shuttle over there that lasted much longer than it should have. The actual property was dirty and maleficently odorous. Try somewhere else if you need to stay by ATL!
Old Aug 29, 2009, 8:22 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Things may have changed here since last year. I had a nice end room on the 5th floor last night and no problems to report. There is some noise from airport takeoffs, but that can mostly, though not entirely, be tuned out with the air conditioning turned on.

Landed at the airport at 7pm and waited less than 5 minutes for a shuttle once I called. On check-in I was offered my choice of a snack or 500 extra points as part of a promotion.

I asked the shuttle driver about restaurants in the area and the only one he knew about, and the same one I saw on Google Earth, is a Ruby Tuesdays behind the hotel. I stopped at the food court at the airport and got something before coming over.

view from my 5th floor room--other hotel photos linked below
Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by superbobx2
The horrible-ness started with a roundabout exercise in trying to get a shuttle over there
I wonder if the scheduled shuttles only run every 30 minutes. I walked downstairs at 11 this morning when I saw a shuttle pull into the driveway from my room. There was a driver sign-in sheet at the check-in counter and for that time of day, at least, the times were 30 minutes apart.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:19 am
Suspended

I will have a 3 1/2 hour sopover at ATL, comming from LAX continuing to ZRH in November.

Do you guys think I can make it to go to that hotel, do a check-in and leave the house around an hour later?

How often do the shuttle services go? And how possible is it that the Delta morning flight from LAS to ATL is on time?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tom911
Things may have changed here since last year. I had a nice end room on the 5th floor last night and no problems to report. There is some noise from airport takeoffs, but that can mostly, though not entirely, be tuned out with the air conditioning turned on.

Landed at the airport at 7pm and waited less than 5 minutes for a shuttle once I called. On check-in I was offered my choice of a snack or 500 extra points as part of a promotion.

I asked the shuttle driver about restaurants in the area and the only one he knew about, and the same one I saw on Google Earth, is a Ruby Tuesdays behind the hotel. I stopped at the food court at the airport and got something before coming over.

view from my 5th floor room--other hotel photos linked below
That's one heck of a 5th floor view!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zdcatc12
That's one heck of a 5th floor view!
Brrrr! Stay away from this dump! Never again!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:22 pm

That's all you're going to say?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
stayed there a few weeks ago. Hotel was fine, clean, similar to any other hyatt place. airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes. I almost missed my flight because the shuttle was full and the driver didn't want to let me on, but the passengers were nice enough to squeeze me in.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: HH, MR, CR, PC
Hyatt Place ATL

I had a very enjoyable stay this week. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I get a kick out the way they ask at check in if you would like a tour of the hotel. 90% of these hotel are identical. I will be back next month.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold
2nd stay here in 30 days

Staff is fine .. rooms are fine .. shuttle is fine. Basic, clean, and Hyatt points. Recommended!
Old May 10, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 5/7 - 5/8

Location: The hotel is located very close to ATL, about 3 miles from the airport itself and also quite close to the rental car center. Next door is the Holiday Inn which has a burger restaurant which is open late and a Ruby Tuesday. Unlike certain hotels near the airport this one is actually in a good neighborhood. I went downtown and it took about 20 minutes with no traffic and cost about $17 for an Uber.

Hotel: A pretty typical early generation Hyatt Place and not aging all that well. There's a decent sized parking lot outside and then the standard lobby inside with a bar, two computer business center, breakfast area, and snack sales. The shuttle is shared with the adjacent Holiday Inn so it's on a strange schedule, it leaves the hotel for the airport on the :5 and :35.

Check In: I arrived at ATL at 11:15 and called the hotel about the shuttle. I was told it had already left and was on the way. When it didn't arrive after 20 minutes I called back and was told it had just left, when I mentioned I'd already been told that the agent hung up on me, which was charming. Once at the hotel the staff were nicer at least.

Room: The standard HP room though in a bad state of repair. Several things were falling apart, the faucet, the toilet paper holders, were loose from their mounts. Also there are no outlets near the bed. On the plus side the WIfi worked well and the shower was hot

Breakfast: Actually really good. Pimento, sausage and egg biscuits, bacon, scrambled eggs, breads, fruit, yogurt and juice and coffee. A front desk agent positioned herself in front of the room to check off numbers to decide if people had to pay or not.

I generally like Hyatt Places but this one is not in the best of shape. Next time I'll go back to the HP ATL North
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 6:48 pm

Any recent stays at this property? I don't need anything fancy just clean and close to the airport as we have a morning flight and want to be close to the airport.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
Any recent stays at this property? I don't need anything fancy just clean and close to the airport as we have a morning flight and want to be close to the airport.
I can only imagine the hotel is the same as it was when I reviewed it in 2019 or has gotten worse as this generation of HPs tend to do.

If you have a morning flight and want to be close to the airport I'd stay at one of the Marriott properties that are connected to the monorail that goes to the terminal. Way more convenient.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:31 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It is fairly clean and close to the airport, but that’s about all I can say that’s good, The other guests were pretty loud and trashy the last time I stayed there on a weekend night, I wouldn’t consider this property for anything other than an airport overnight.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:38 pm

Thanks, we have a flight before 10am and we're going to be in town for a braves game so we won't be in the room that much, 2 of the 3 men on the guys trip have children so the noise hopefully won't be too much of an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.