Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

How early can you check into a Hyatt assuming availability and Diamond status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold

Assuming availability and Diamond status, what is the earliest you can expect to be able to check in?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
Assuming availability and Diamond status, what is the earliest you can expect to be able to check in?
I checked in at the GH Santiago at 6am. Generally I find if there are rooms they try to accommodate. I don't know that there is any hard and fast time though, and I certainly wouldn't have been surprised if they had rejected me.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Where and when?

A lot easier at Noon in the US Midwest than Europe in the AM (where many businesses book a room the night before so their people have a place on arrival).
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Where and when?

A lot easier at Noon in the US Midwest than Europe in the AM (where many businesses book a room the night before so their people have a place on arrival).
Asia in particular.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Asia in particular.
I've checked in at 7-8 am at GH SIN, GH HKG, GH Shanghai. I find most do try to accommodate.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks everyone. Anyone ever tried to check in before 6am?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO this would be unreasonable. It's before the morning shift arrives at most hotels and before breakfast starts. Informally, I think of the line as that you cannot arrive at a time that people would go to bed but you can arrive when people are up and going off to start their day. With an 8 am arrival, of course someone could try to take a nap, but many would shower and head to a business appointment. So an 8 am check in seems reasonable if your room is ready. At 5 am, the instinct would be to crawl into bed for a very short night, so IMO that would not be reasonable.

Personally I would be embarrassed to try to check in too early if I hadn't booked a room for the previous night unless there were some truly extenuating circumstance such as a flight diversion where a room for the previous night wasn't available.

However, I suspect that in practice hotels in some locations, including 24/7 international airports, almost expect people to come and go at all hours and they have housekeepers on duty around the clock. In these places, it's not a big deal and they implicitly do "24 hour check in" and approve very late check outs whenever they can.

Obviously YMMV.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:23 am

Seriously?

This is why we can't have nice things.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Earliest for me has probably been around 10 am, but usually more on the order of noon. Can't ever recall there being a problem, outside of sometimes having to accept the room type that is ready versus what I may have reserved. I'm always up for that tradeoff if it means having access to a shower or a quick nap on my terms.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
A stretch, indeed. No harm in asking, but like anything else, if you really need the room, then book the room the night before. Otherwise, be prepared to check your luggage and do something else for up to 9 hours (the usually 3pm checkin.)
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just book a room for the night before and make sure you let them know that you won't be checking in until 6:00 AM. Why stress over what to do when you are told to return at 4:00 PM?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
In the US it has been my experience that the hotel does a night audit early in the morning. So if you check in early wait until after 6am. It all depends on the individual property, who you talk to at the front desk, and how busy they were the night before. I have no experience in Asia.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Earliest I've ever checked in was at the PH Milan at about 7 am (earlier than expected since flight was early which compounds that the freeway from MXP wasn't jammed yet). They checked us in - but into a basic room without upgrade (which was fine - no idea if I would have gotten an upgrade if we checked in later). Fully expected to not be able to check in until later.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
If they have availability, I'm sure they will try to accommodate you. Just contact the hotel and see what they will say. They most likely won't guarantee anything since anything that early in the morning will be dependent on how full they are the night before. If they're sold out the night before then you will have to wait for the housekeepers' shift to start so they can start cleaning the rooms.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
8AM at GH Erawan, Bangkok. Was a one night stay and was departing next morning at 7AM. Room wasn't ready but was offered complementary breakfast in the restaurant while the room was prepared. Wouldn't push it and wouldn't make a habit of it. In the past I have booked the room for an additional night when I knew I'd be arriving in the early hours of the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.