Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress run for Globalist - not so cheap anymore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress run for Globalist - not so cheap anymore

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Between the promos and diamond amenity, mattress runs used to be pretty easy with Hyatt and often made sense for me. You could almost break even on the points.

Now, there's no way I would add more than 5-10 nights, and even then it would take finding a great rate. The new brg program has potential for mattress running, but they are as stingy as ever in approving those, so unlikely I'll add enough nights to requalify.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Sadly, World of Hyatt appears to be a world without promos, and thus, I'd have an extremely hard time justifying mattress runs these days. In the ancient days of FFN/G/1W/DN bonus and even the olden days of points promo/G/1W/DN, a $100 mattress run could yield a significant kickback (5k points per stay or more not unheard of); today, you'd end up with less than 1k points. With a $50-75 kickback in points value, a $100 mattress run wasn't such a horrible idea; today, not so much.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:59 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Rollover nights would be awesome.
IHG has rollover nts, and I had 14 of them roll to this year, making Spire rqualification easier.

Doesn't Hyatt have additional rewards for nts over 60 per year? I thought they gave out some free nt awards ever 10 nts over the 60.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:02 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by rbAA
Doesn't Hyatt have additional rewards for nts over 60 per year? I thought they gave out some free nt awards ever 10 nts over the 60.
At 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights: you get your choice of either 10K points or a Suite Upgrade.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:16 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
At 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights: you get your choice of either 10K points or a Suite Upgrade.
OK thanks. Need to spend a little more time on the WoH T&C's before cmmitting to switching from IHG.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Moving a few nights to Hyatt can easily put me at 10 for the Glob challenge and just booked a 10 night stay for $700 which will (if I don't get second thoughts) push me to the threshold.

I figure the $700 outlay is justified to burn through low/mid six-figure points in comfort next year.

Edit: And it's not fully a mattress run anyway.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I figure the $700 outlay is justified to burn through low/mid six-figure points in comfort next year.
I would agree with that. It's been great for burning my points this year. Down to under 30K, with truly excellent stays in Vienna and Zurich the highlights.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by speedytimmy
Someone is welcome to correct me if they have ever experienced anything different, but the Citi Prestige fourth night free benefit as I understand it is valid only once for a stay of four nights or longer, i.e., a stay of 8 nights only gets the fourth night free, not nights 4 and 8. Two stays of 4 nights booked back to back apparently also do not count. Two stays of four nights with a different property for a night in between should count.
Correct. From what I've read over in the Citi FT forum, you could try to bypass this a bit by booking 9 nights: 4 nights through Citi, 1 through WOH, and then 4 more through Citi, but you're betting on the property not merging the bookings and billing you once. Best just plan on only one free night per booking.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
I havn't done a mattress run since 2015. I'm tempted to do so for the 20 nights for Globalism promotion. But a quick search online has shown that even Hyatt Houses and Hyatt Places, which were dirt cheap 5 years ago, are $100-$150 per night. This makes achieving globalist approximately $3k out of pocket. Is anyone else planning a mattress run?
I'm staying 2 nights at PH vendome and 7 nights ph Maldives. I need to mattress run 15+ nights but the value will be a wash for me on these trips. However, I will get globalist for 1+ year and that has some value to me for future trips. I may regret the mattress run at the end of the day but I'm not sure. It's a bit crazy to do so many nights.

Cheapest I could find is $95/night + 10% tax
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:01 am

I got in on the explorist promo also, but I'm still debating whether to mattress run to extend the status. Doesn't seem worth it being in the pacific northwest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.