Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
That is not quite what the T&C state.
So what is your interpretation of "Explorists will be offered the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, excluding suites and Club lounge-access rooms."?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
So what is your interpretation of "Explorists will be offered the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, excluding suites and Club lounge-access rooms."?
It means explorists are not entitled to a room with lounge access. Rooms that are normally designated "Club" rooms can be assigned to guests without granting lounge access. I received such an upgrade once years ago when I was a Plat. This can easily happen at properties with a large number of "Club" rooms at times of high occupancy.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA
Not sure why they are excluding promotional free night awards (like CC anniversary/signup nights) from use of the club lounge upgrade passes. I don't see how they're different from free nights paid for with points. Anyway, what if the reservation is 1 night paid for with a free night certificate and the remaining nights in points?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by wiivile
Anyway, what if the reservation is 1 night paid for with a free night certificate and the remaining nights in points?
The hotel could presumably not grant you club access for that one day/night. Don't think we have a single report of anyone using a cert yet, so not much data to go by how it will be handled in practice.

Only the geniuses at Hyatt's Rules Committee can probably tell you why they chose to exclude those free nights.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:03 pm

Somehow I missed this is the Ts and Cs for these awards and it put a major dent in travel plans for the upcoming year as Explorist, intending to use several free night credit card certs in my family. I am sure the intent of the restriction on club access is to limit the value of the certificates, plain and simple. They want to ensure breakage. I was never able to use up my DSUs as Diamond and this will ensure I can't use my 4 club upgrades either.

For me personally, it sucks, and it seals the deal that I will cancel all our Hyatt credit cards when the fee comes due (unless they have a strong retention offer) because a cat 1-4 night without benefits is barely worth $75 to me. And it's a hassle to have to try to find a good use for that free night to maximize the value before expiration. Bottom line is they took the fun out of it for the free nights. If it's not a treat to reward yourself, why bother?

As for World of Hyatt itself, I am burning as many as possible of my Explorist club upgrades and points this year with the expectation of losing status next year and never staying at a Hyatt again unless it's a mistake or good deal through an OTA or a BRG for an executive room. They made the decision to focus on Hilton and Starwood/Marriott with Gold mid-range status a very easy one. Not sure whether the intention is to shed clients like me and focus only on the highest loyalty guests or not, but sure seems like that will be the result.

Have to admit one thing though, as much as I hate the new rules and tiers and idiotic names, I am starting to "get" the theme of the new program and advertising and it's kind of growing on me. World peace and love and exploration or something like that. But that's not going to make me stay at their hotels with such restrictive rules.

Not sure why they are excluding promotional free night awards (like CC anniversary/signup nights) from use of the club lounge upgrade passes. I don't see how they're different from free nights paid for with points. Anyway, what if the reservation is 1 night paid for with a free night certificate and the remaining nights in points?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Anyway, what if the reservation is 1 night paid for with a free night certificate and the remaining nights in points?
Same thing that happens when you have separate back to back bookings mixing a status account and a non-status account, or DSU and free nights, or any such combinations: it's at the hotel's discretion.

To date all hotels I've stayed at (across many chains) have honored the highest status/reward in such cases. Not something you should expect, but good when it happens (and likely at least based on my experience).
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
"A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation."

How do you redeem these at time of making reservation? Do you have to call in?

Where do they appear in your account or are they mailed? I might be matched to Explorist soon.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It means explorists are not entitled to a room with lounge access. Rooms that are normally designated "Club" rooms can be assigned to guests without granting lounge access. I received such an upgrade once years ago when I was a Plat. This can easily happen at properties with a large number of "Club" rooms at times of high occupancy.
It can happen, just as a person with no status whatsoever can be upgraded to the Presidential Suite. But the T&C make it clear that it is not part of an Explorist's entitlement.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jphripjah
"A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation."

Where do they appear in your account or are they mailed? I might be matched to Explorist soon.
I don't see them anywhere in my account. Don't think they are mailing anything. I suspect they couldn't get their development team to build the feature to display and apply those awards online because everyone was busy working on the 5-brand awards tracker.

I sure hope you can make a reservation online and later apply the award (on the phone, like DSUs). Perhaps with the "when making the underlying reservation" verbiage they want to tell us that we can't waltz up to the front desk and ask for a club upgrade at the time of checkin?

Wouldn't it be nice if we had Hyatt reps participating in this forum and answering questions? Say, World of Hyatt Concierge?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I don't see them anywhere in my account. Don't think they are mailing anything. I suspect they couldn't get their development team to build the feature to display and apply those awards online because everyone was busy working on the 5-brand awards tracker.

I sure hope you can make a reservation online and later apply the award (on the phone, like DSUs). Perhaps with the "when making the underlying reservation" verbiage they want to tell us that we can't waltz up to the front desk and ask for a club upgrade at the time of checkin?

Wouldn't it be nice if we had Hyatt reps participating in this forum and answering questions?
All we have are Hyatt Gold Passport Concierges. We don't have any World Of Hyatt Concierges.

But, to answer your question, you can call in and apply a club access upgrade to an existing qualifying reservation.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All we have are Hyatt Gold Passport Concierges. We don't have any World Of Hyatt Concierges.
You must have written your reply while I was editing my post. See the link to the user profile for WoH Concierge in my update above.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:49 pm

It can happen, just as a person with no status whatsoever can be upgraded to the Presidential Suite. But the T&C make it clear that it is not part of an Explorist's entitlement.
The T&C exclude "loung-access rooms", no more no less. The key word is "lounge-access".

No need to read more into it than what it says.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:53 pm

GP Concierge on FT has been replaced by WoH Concierge, or at least that is the message from them if you pm.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The T&C exclude "loung-access rooms", no more no less. The key word is "lounge-access".

No need to read more into it than what it says.
But that's exactly what you're doing. Where is this mechanism you describe for making a club access room a non-club access room defined in the T&C?

Your experiences as a Platinum are not relevant. This is an entirely new system.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by jphripjah

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

Wouldn't it be nice if we had Hyatt reps participating in this forum and answering questions? Say, World of Hyatt Concierge?
They show up under "My Awards" tab. However, I haven't tried to redeem one yet so not sure how that process would work...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.