Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Nothing in the t&c on capacity control.... and why should they be, you only get lounge access. So the only requirements seems to be that a club lounge is present.
The T&C say: "Reservations for Club Access Award redemption are subject to availability." Given that there is no requirement they even give you a club room I would think this gives Hyatt great latitude to impose controls and we're only going to know as we get more datapoints.

See one user's experience above having to resort to twitter even when club rooms were available for sale.

Why are properties tight fisted if they can be? For the same reason they won't give you an upgrade sometimes even when show up at midnight for one night and dozens of rooms are for sale on the web site.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RTW1
Nothing in the t&c on capacity control.... and why should they be, you only get lounge access. So the only requirements seems to be that a club lounge is present.
Because it costs the property money to feed you and potentially reduces revenue (guest might buy breakfast in restaurant).
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Because it costs the property money to feed you and potentially reduces revenue (guest might buy breakfast in restaurant).
And because there are properties where the mindset is "we don't like to give stuff away for free."

FD Manager at HR San Francisco told me in December (pre WoH) "I am not giving you a suite for free." And I hadn't even asked for a suite, just the Bay View room I had booked and paid for. His comment expressed the mindset of certain properties perfectly.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by dtm1
I don't agree with your conclusion - it is less than what diamonds received.

You are correct in saying that that Diamonds were only ever guaranteed club access, but we were also told we would get the best available room (excluding suites).

That is no longer the case. The cert provides club access, but no suggestion whatsoever that the room will ever be anything other than what has been booked and paid for - that is far less than the Diamond offering.

I understand the rationale, but it leaves a bitter taste.
You are just now figuring out that WOH was a downgrade for Diamonds <60 nights?

Yes, the new program sucks IMHO, particularly for those of us who had a shot at 25 stays but not 60 nights. But there is no bitter taste, downgrades are the nature of the beast these days for airline and hotel programs. I rarely saw any meaningful upgrades with I was Diamond (don't count higher floors, etc.) and certainly no suites without a cert.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I rarely saw any meaningful upgrades with I was Diamond (don't count higher floors, etc.) and certainly no suites without a cert.
I only had a couple of suite upgrades w/o a cert and that was at a property where I have had over 120 stays over the past 10 or so years. However, I can only think if 2 stays last year (out of about 20) where I did not get upgraded to a club room (from booking the cheapest room) and that was at resorts during peak times.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was soft-landed to Explorist from Diamond last year. I have generally spent a fair chunk of change at Hyatts even in years where I didnt meet Diamond requirements (including last year).
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Still no one with an actual experience of using a Club Access Award?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:03 am

I booked a standard room at Hyatt Regency Tokyo using points and was able to add the Club Lounge upgrade award. My question is whether I will get an old, un-renovated standard room with access to Lounge OR will I get a renovated Club room?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The upgrade cert is only good for lounge access.... so you will know at check-in if this property is generous.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I booked a standard room at Hyatt Regency Tokyo using points and was able to add the Club Lounge upgrade award. My question is whether I will get an old, un-renovated standard room with access to Lounge OR will I get a renovated Club room?
You "should" get an upgrade to something if available at check-in based on your Explo status. You might want to post in the HR Tokyo thread asking if Diamonds were previously getting upgraded to Club rooms. IIRC it seemed to me that most were getting View or Deluxe rooms due to the small number of actual Club rooms, but I may be wrong. I believe some of the Deluxe rooms have also been renovated.

Please be sure to come back and let us know how you make out. Still very limited info on how properties are handling these club lounge access awards.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:04 pm

I guess I will just email the hotel and see what their response is. On my stay last year as a Diamond, I was upgraded to a Deluxe View (renovated) room with club access - Club room was not available.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
You "should" get an upgrade to something if available at check-in based on your Explo status. You might want to post in the HR Tokyo thread asking if Diamonds were previously getting upgraded to Club rooms. IIRC it seemed to me that most were getting View or Deluxe rooms due to the small number of actual Club rooms, but I may be wrong. I believe some of the Deluxe rooms have also been renovated.

Please be sure to come back and let us know how you make out. Still very limited info on how properties are handling these club lounge access awards.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Nehawk
Can I make a booking for a family member and apply one of the lounge upgrades? Thanks!
Anyone know the answer to this? Since we're allowed to officially book award reservations under someone else.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone know the answer to this? Since we're allowed to officially book award reservations under someone else.
All non-point awards are non-transferable.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I guess I will just email the hotel and see what their response is. On my stay last year as a Diamond, I was upgraded to a Deluxe View (renovated) room with club access - Club room was not available.
The Hyatt Regency Tokyo is about as "by the book" as properties come. T&C says that club rooms are not eligible for Explorist upgrades, so expect that to be the case for your stay.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
T&C says that club rooms are not eligible for Explorist upgrades.
That is not quite what the T&C state.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.