Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

i thought hyatt was different from the other chains ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

But I guess they are all the same.

I matched to Diamond status a few months ago (probably like everybody else), and stayed in Hyatt a few times since. There are definitely more guaranteed benefits than SPG and Marriott. The guaranteed DSU is nice. But the service is still hit or miss (just like any other hotel), and Hyatt customer service is just as bad as Marriott's (I guess in ranking of worse is IHG, where you speak to someone in the Philippines who doesn't really seem to understand English. Marriott people don't seem to understand very much via email). They don't respond to web complaints, when I emailed something to the agent I spoke to on the phone I got no response.

The concept is interesting: standardization to ensure quality service. But I guess it is impossible to standardize culture.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:26 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by s0ssos

I matched to Diamond status a few months ago (probably like everybody else), and stayed in Hyatt a few times since. There are definitely more guaranteed benefits than SPG and Marriott. The guaranteed DSU is nice. But the service is still hit or miss (just like any other hotel), and Hyatt customer service is just as bad as Marriott's (I guess in ranking of worse is IHG, where you speak to someone in the Philippines who doesn't really seem to understand English. Marriott people don't seem to understand very much via email). They don't respond to web complaints, when I emailed something to the agent I spoke to on the phone I got no response.

The concept is interesting: standardization to ensure quality service. But I guess it is impossible to standardize culture.

No.

Not everyone has been status matched. Believe it or not some of us actually earned it. Shocking, I know.

Guaranteed 28 nights in a suite if maximised beats arguing with the front desk of a SPG property or attempting to apply a SNA.

I've never spoken to the Phillipines when I've contacted Hyatt. I've spoken to Australia, and the US Diamond and Private Line. In fact Hyatt offers a Private Line or My Concierge service for Diamond guests.

But don't let facts get in the way of your assessment of a global hotel chain after 'a few stays.'
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I find Hyatt Concierge on here and their Twitter to be incredibly responsive and fluent in English. There's also always someone fluent in English at every Hyatt property in my experience.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
No.

Not everyone has been status matched. Believe it or not some of us actually earned it. Shocking, I know.

Guaranteed 28 nights in a suite if maximised beats arguing with the front desk of a SPG property or attempting to apply a SNA.

I've never spoken to the Phillipines when I've contacted Hyatt. I've spoken to Australia, and the US Diamond and Private Line. In fact Hyatt offers a Private Line or My Concierge service for Diamond guests.

But don't let facts get in the way of your assessment of a global hotel chain after 'a few stays.'
Oh, some of us earned status as well. But I don't know if you read English, or you would have seen why I said their customer service is bad (I never said they use Philippines).
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
I find Hyatt Concierge on here and their Twitter to be incredibly responsive and fluent in English. There's also always someone fluent in English at every Hyatt property in my experience.
Define fluent. Find one for me at the Hyatt Bali.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Define fluent. Find one for me at the Hyatt Bali.
One thing I like about Hyatt is that complaints always get addressed. Take your case to upper management if front end is disappointing. You can also take your case to corporate if you need.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I disagree with your claim that hyatt doesnt respond to complaints - sorry but this looks like a rant without any facts.
It may be a good idea to recap your issues here - perhaps more experienced forum members (you know, the folks who do earn status year after year) can suggest the best way to handle things
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:45 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Thumbs up

No.

'
+1 ^

Originally Posted by azepine00
I disagree with your claim that hyatt doesnt respond to complaints - sorry but this looks like a rant without any facts.
It may be a good idea to recap your issues here - perhaps more experienced forum members (you know, the folks who do earn status year after year) can suggest the best way to handle things
And, another +1. Hyatt Customer Service is simply outstanding. very responsive and supportive. ^^

Last edited by 59Impala; Feb 23, 2016 at 2:53 am
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Not true. I moved from Sheraton and Intercontinental brands due to massive inconsistency in hotel quality and too many incompetent staff encounters. In all my travels, esp within the Middle East, EU and Asia, Hyatt have been mostly bliss in comparison. Much more polished, consistent in product and professional, be it in house or on the phone. I have not yet reached Diamond (get close some years!) but can only imagine it would be top notch.

Disclaimer: US properties for some bizarre reason do leave a lot to be desired at times-considering its a US chain
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:39 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

The Hyatt flyer talk representative is awesome. Will take care of almost any sort of request. So much better than phoning up!

Fdw
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
While there is no disputing the fact that Hyatt's IT systems leave something to be desired, I will say that I've never had a problem resolving any issues with a call to HGP with someone fully willing to help (and fluent in English). Requests made over email do appear to be outsourced and can take some time for a response with limited effectiveness and understanding.

I've found the culture (especially management) to be fairly consistent and commensurate with hotel class at most of the properties.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:04 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by gunksny
While there is no disputing the fact that Hyatt's IT systems leave something to be desired, I will say that I've never had a problem resolving any issues with a call to HGP with someone fully willing to help (and fluent in English). Requests made over email do appear to be outsourced and can take some time for a response with limited effectiveness and understanding.

I've found the culture (especially management) to be fairly consistent and commensurate with hotel class at most of the properties.
+1 - also have found that generally properties for the most part will go above and beyond what is called for in the T&Cs.

Also, several posts have been deleted. Discontinue with the off topic bickering (stereotypes etc) or this thread will be locked - were putting it in a short leash.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Gift horse, mouth, etc.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
No.

I too have never talked to the Philippines Hyatt has a "My Concierge " for selected Diamonds not sure if it open to all but have been using it since inception and it works great but then the Diamond Desk has always been great.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Aventine
One thing I like about Hyatt is that complaints always get addressed. Take your case to upper management if front end is disappointing. You can also take your case to corporate if you need.
I wish I could say that about Hyatt's scammy BRG program!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.